Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-21-2017, 12:10 PM
Skippy SH13's Avatar
Skippy SH13 Skippy SH13 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 1,229
Default Somebody else got a great find! Oops.

Yesterday, I was posting some items on eBay, and tossed up four 40% halves, a Washington Quarter and a SLQ as a group.

The melt value on these items are $17.06.

I got them posted for $15 auction with a shipping charge.... but in the process of "revising" another sale, I accidentally clicked this one and revised THIS auction to a "buy it now" for $12 with free shipping.

It went through, and before I could rectify my mistake, someone bought it!


The whole thing just made me laugh. So... my take after all the fees and shipping was $7.83 for $17 of melt.

Somebody KILLED IT on EBay last night. LOL

I shipped out the coins with heavy heart. Ahh... ya win some, ya lose some.

Skippy
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 04-21-2017, 12:46 PM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,489
Default

Yep, sometimes you eat your mistakes. But you didn't lose that much!

Go to the contests and win a Morgan!! That will make you feel better.

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 04-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Beach Bum's Avatar
Beach Bum Beach Bum is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 1,463
Default

Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View post
Yesterday, I was posting some items on eBay, and tossed up four 40% halves, a Washington Quarter and a SLQ as a group.

The melt value on these items are $17.06.

I got them posted for $15 auction with a shipping charge.... but in the process of "revising" another sale, I accidentally clicked this one and revised THIS auction to a "buy it now" for $12 with free shipping.

It went through, and before I could rectify my mistake, someone bought it!


The whole thing just made me laugh. So... my take after all the fees and shipping was $7.83 for $17 of melt.

Somebody KILLED IT on EBay last night. LOL

I shipped out the coins with heavy heart. Ahh... ya win some, ya lose some.

Skippy
I'll sell it back to you for $30

__________________
ATPRO, BH 202, Discovery 2000, Garrett Pro Pointer
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x83/Duncans_pics/

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 04-21-2017, 01:33 PM
T-Man's Avatar
T-Man T-Man is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hamilton OH
Posts: 1,729
Default

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=246345 we may of found a winner
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 04-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Tpmetal Tpmetal is online now
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 179
Default

Originally Posted by T-Man View post
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=246345 we may of found a winner
sure sounds like it hahaha
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 04-21-2017, 02:45 PM
DIGGER27's Avatar
DIGGER27 DIGGER27 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas
Posts: 13,694
Default

It takes a village, and this is a close knit one.

Buford scooped em up.
He has been duly chastised.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=246345

__________________
"Reality continues to ruin my life."
2017 Totals...Clad, 11 silver including a beautiful walker and freaking Barber quarter!+ 2 V nickels

Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 04-21-2017, 03:09 PM
BufordCityDawg's Avatar
BufordCityDawg BufordCityDawg is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Buford, Ga.
Posts: 913
Default

Originally Posted by DIGGER27 View post
It takes a village, and this is a close knit one.

Buford scooped em up.
He has been duly chastised.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=246345



I wish it was me. Sadly I was just pulling a prank on poor Skippy. A 'backstory post' as it were. They are very popular on a sports site that I frequent.


BCD

__________________
Metal Detecting, the worlds longest running game of hide and go seek.
Equipment: Garrett AT Pro Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
YTD Totals= (2017) Clad=66.50 Gold=2 Silver=4 925=1 Relics=0

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 04-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Skippy SH13's Avatar
Skippy SH13 Skippy SH13 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 1,229
Default

Originally Posted by BufordCityDawg View post


I wish it was me. Sadly I was just pulling a prank on poor Skippy. A 'backstory post' as it were. They are very popular on a sports site that I frequent.


BCD
That's actually pretty funny. I was in the process of congratulating you, when I noted the timing.. LOL

Someone got a good deal, though. Thanks for the laugh... It's been a ROUGH day.

I went out detecting earlier, found a nice men's ring that would go well in the box, and for some IDIOTIC reason, I decided to put it into my pocket "for safekeeping" instead of my finds pouch. After driving back from the city I visited, I checked my pocket and realized that it was the same pocket my KEYS were in. You guessed it. When I pulled my keys out, the ring likely popped free.

I think I need to just binge-watch Netflix this weekend. It's likely to be safer than me doing something else I can screw up. No power tools, for sure.

Skippy
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 04-21-2017, 04:03 PM
DIGGER27's Avatar
DIGGER27 DIGGER27 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas
Posts: 13,694
Default

Originally Posted by BufordCityDawg View post


I wish it was me. Sadly I was just pulling a prank on poor Skippy. A 'backstory post' as it were. They are very popular on a sports site that I frequent.


BCD
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...is pretty easily actually because my crayon box has a few missing.
Good one!

__________________
"Reality continues to ruin my life."
2017 Totals...Clad, 11 silver including a beautiful walker and freaking Barber quarter!+ 2 V nickels

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:08 PM
Wom 27's Avatar
Wom 27 Wom 27 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Media,pa
Posts: 1,373
Default

Went to the store last week to get a chain for a pendent I found.they had to order it. Put it in my pocket. 5 minute ride home and it's no longer in my pocket!so I guess the wife gets a chain for her birthday with nothing else but good intentions. Stuff Happens! And you're not alone.

__________________
AT PRO, 12 Large cents, 2 class rings,Nova ,, Barber Half, 1833 Hard Times token ,"American Digger",oldest-1719 half penny,1730's one Reale
The more I detect, the luckier I get !

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:39 PM
cruiserkev's Avatar
cruiserkev cruiserkev is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Lakewood WA
Posts: 177
Default

Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View post
I went out detecting earlier, found a nice men's ring that would go well in the box, and for some IDIOTIC reason, I decided to put it into my pocket "for safekeeping" instead of my finds pouch. After driving back from the city I visited, I checked my pocket and realized that it was the same pocket my KEYS were in. You guessed it. When I pulled my keys out, the ring likely popped free.
Unfortunately, I've done that too. Lost my first silver rosie that way. It was a 1946 and in good condition. Lesson learned, always use the pouch.

__________________
Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien

AT Gold & Ace 250, Whites TRX Bullseye, Garrett "carrot"
Outlaws Metal Detecting Group

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Skippy SH13's Avatar
Skippy SH13 Skippy SH13 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 1,229
Default

Originally Posted by cruiserkev View post
Unfortunately, I've done that too. Lost my first silver rosie that way. It was a 1946 and in good condition. Lesson learned, always use the pouch.
And yet, I've lost them out of the pouch, too! Which is why I put it in my pocket. When the change part get so full things can spill out. Next time, I'll just dump the change in with the trash. Ah well. . At least this one I got a picture first!!
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 04-22-2017, 11:24 AM
Silversmith45's Avatar
Silversmith45 Silversmith45 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 9,621
Default

Originally Posted by cruiserkev View post
unfortunately, i've done that too.
Name:  COIN3.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  26.6 KB

__________________
Garrett 2500 CZ-6 XLT Original Silver Sabre Tek G2 Tesoro Sidewinder ID Edge Tek 9000 Tek Delta
Oldest coins 1855 French Dix Centimes 1871 IH 1877cc Seated Liberty Dime 1888 V Nickel

Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 04-22-2017, 01:20 PM
JaMoSo82 JaMoSo82 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 252
Default

Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View post
Yesterday, I was posting some items on eBay, and tossed up four 40% halves, a Washington Quarter and a SLQ as a group.

The melt value on these items are $17.06.

I got them posted for $15 auction with a shipping charge.... but in the process of "revising" another sale, I accidentally clicked this one and revised THIS auction to a "buy it now" for $12 with free shipping.

It went through, and before I could rectify my mistake, someone bought it!


The whole thing just made me laugh. So... my take after all the fees and shipping was $7.83 for $17 of melt.

Somebody KILLED IT on EBay last night. LOL

I shipped out the coins with heavy heart. Ahh... ya win some, ya lose some.

Skippy
Sorry you lost out. This whole thread plus the winner of your auction's is hilarious though. Thanks for posting ;-)

Oldest coin- 1958 Wheatie
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.