Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Old 01-15-2018, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by dirt dick View post
If you get questioned,
just say the Assesors office, hired you to located the property pins.
shrug your shoulders and saying," well my work is done,
but the dept. of the soil conservation will be back to analyze & sterilize the soil."
( tip toe off as you leave) watch there reaction ......
LOL yeah the assessor is probably the Police Chiefs cousin .

Old 01-20-2018, 09:08 PM

Went to the bank and opened an account which I was going to do any way and after we took care of that I asked about the property and the lady called their property department and they said no problem . I'll probably head over there next week while the people that live around there are all at work.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:38 PM

I went to the fairgrounds and didn't find a single coin ,nothing. It was a bit difficult as it was a lot of taller scrub but still a couple pieces of iron junk . Waste of time.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:22 PM

That's a bummer to go through the trouble of obtaining proper permission and have it be a bust. Better luck with the next one! HH

Old 03-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Magicmantx View post
I went to the fairgrounds and didn't find a single coin ,nothing. It was a bit difficult as it was a lot of taller scrub but still a couple pieces of iron junk . Waste of time.
Go back with a larger coil, Change things up a bit. I would go back a few times. Did you check out historic aerials?

Old 03-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Magicmantx View post

Keep an eye on that property , even when places like this seldom get any attention from the bank they do usually send someone around atleast once during the summer with a bush hog or mower to keep it from turning into a jungle. Once they mow it you can hit more of the area unobstructed. If that was a fairground at one time then its worth putting in some time and work for it.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:06 PM

yeah thats what I'm hoping. It was brushogged sometime but still was a bit tall and lots of scrub so pretty hard to get very close to the ground. Hopefully I can catch it after they mow it again and give it another try

56.25 in Clad, 5 wheaties , 1 Kennedy half, 1 Susan B. Oldest coin to date 1940 Wheat Penny.1937-42 Tax Token ,Misc dog Tags,Small toy cars, odds and ends and 2 costume bracelets,1 costume ring and 1 Small 10k Gold ring as of 4/10/18 with the AT PRO.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bajanick View post
Go back with a larger coil, Change things up a bit. I would go back a few times. Did you check out historic aerials?
I only have the stock atp coil and a 5x8 tried both same result. I haven't looked at the historic ariels of this site but there is still evidence of 2 separate buildings.

56.25 in Clad, 5 wheaties , 1 Kennedy half, 1 Susan B. Oldest coin to date 1940 Wheat Penny.1937-42 Tax Token ,Misc dog Tags,Small toy cars, odds and ends and 2 costume bracelets,1 costume ring and 1 Small 10k Gold ring as of 4/10/18 with the AT PRO.