Minelab Equinox interest (by the numbers)

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
I have went back looking at the last 13 pages of history here in this subforum "All about Detectors".

Total views (estimated) and still counting by the way.

As of 8 Jan 2018 at 0901hours (CST) this subforum has had a total viewing numbers of threads all associated with Minelab Equinox-- total estimated 73,485 views.

What can one say??
All prerelease detector models views.

Remember there are other threads/posts in at least one other subforum here.
Not included in number of views above.

Take a look at this page, with threads listed by views numbers.
Wonder what this says?
And where will Equinox thread wind up eventually for ranking,

https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=views

Last edited:
Tells me there is a lot of wait and see. The Compadre got more replies. It also tells me detectorist aren't as foolish as some think we are. There will always be the hurry up and get it crowd but most of us don't operate by way of emotion.

What would be interesting is if Detector companies would release sales numbers the first 6 months and the second 6 months after a detector has been released. By the time the second 6 months rolls around, the good, the bad and the ugly would have manifested itself in the detectorist community.

Tells me there is a lot of wait and see. The Compadre got more replies. It also tells me detectorist aren't as foolish as some think we are. There will always be the hurry up and get it crowd but most of us don't operate by way of emotion.

What would be interesting is if Detector companies would release sales numbers the first 6 months and the second 6 months after a detector has been released. By the time the second 6 months rolls around, the good, the bad and the ugly would have manifested itself in the detectorist community.

And how long has Compadre been out??
And what does one cost?

Most of what has been viewed so far about Equinox posted since a mere going back to Sept 16, 2017.

And how long has Compadre been out??
And what does one cost?

Most of what has been viewed so far about Equinox posted since a mere going back to Sept 16, 2017.

160 bucks which is all the more amazing such an affordable and basic machine could have that much interest.

Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd. Marketing buzz does amazing things.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Not seeing much more than a reworked xterra in the nox.Ive watched the videos, heard the rumors,,and to me it's a repacked Xterra.
Not that it's a bad thing,but it's not for me.

Not seeing much more than a reworked xterra in the nox.Ive watched the videos, heard the rumors,,and to me it's a repacked Xterra.

Alright Woodbutcher we have you on record here.

So we'll not be expecting you to show up here with Equinox.
And talking about.

I don't believe this for one minute.
You'll have the itch you'll just have to scratch, you watch.

Again I say it doesn't surprise me in the least. The release of the Equinox is a much anticipated event. Say what you will about Minelab FBS's but I for one can hostelry say I put them at the top for finding deep coins, especially silver, in hard ground. And I put them at the top alone. Not that they go any deeper but that ability to give the right information needed to increase the odds of telling good from bad. That is the important factor.

The Equinox stands to match that ability in a unit where all the bad stuff people have had to endure with the E-Trac/CTX are fixed. Yes the excitement should be unmatched. I've been swinging a detector for over 40 years and tried just about every imaginable detector worth trying and the Equinox has me excited. It could well be a major disappointment, but I'm ready to put my money in to find out.

Here is something.
Folks when testing and talking about as far as The 800 model and the 600 model.

Depending, the 800 users since they don't have a 600 model, it may be hard to relate to actual 600 performance.

With time though, the distinctions will bear themselves out.

What I am trying to say, the model 600 could be sold short here.
And not get its dues.

Little unusual to see a manufacturer release 2 models with some similar tech and likely some same performance.

For park hunters or in countries where you know the TID of your coins, FBS has been very popular, around much of Europe and beyond it's not as important, just too many variations in coins over time to have ID numbers for them.
So it's the old dig everything above iron setting, with top iron separation and depth. Imho, the FBS are easily beaten in these conditions, but the Equinox might be set to reverse that!

What's your point OP?
Take a look at how many posts there were about the Nokta Impact and Tesoro Mojave before and right after they were released. Now they are barely even mentioned on the forums. And if you want to sell one, be prepared to take a big loss. Just say'n.

As much as you like the X-terra 705, I highly doubt you will pass on the Equinox.
You are always changing detectors.

Alright Woodbutcher we have you on record here.

So we'll not be expecting you to show up here with Equinox.
And talking about.

I don't believe this for one minute.
You'll have the itch you'll just have to scratch, you watch.

Lol,,ok you got me.I really don’t see much of anything that’s not already on the market tho.I guess I should clarify..if I were wanting the best unmasking machine I’d get a deus or a G2+,,I really doubt the nox will come anywhere near the deus.
If I wanted a deep coin machine I’d get a fbs,again I doubt the nox would come anywhere close.
I’d probably get one to try out seeming they’re not outrageously priced,but I won’t be one of the first,been there too many times.Ill leave that for you heavy weight guys,and see what you think first.

Minelab X-Terra 705 has been reduced to $499 with Equinox 600 at $649 and Equinox 800 at $899. Perhaps we should go over the features list and reviews for X-Terra 705 vs Equinox. Whether the Equinox is superior to all under $1,000 detectors might depend on what it is used for and where.

The Equinox detectors will be unlike anything Minelab has made before.

I got a Go pro for xmas i am going to make some videos that i think will amaze some folks at what some machines are really capable of.
Those two are incredible unmaskers in heavy trash.
What's your point OP?
Take a look at how many posts there were about the Nokta Impact and Tesoro Mojave before and right after they were released. Now they are barely even mentioned on the forums. And if you want to sell one, be prepared to take a big loss. Just say'n.

Back
Top Bottom