Got my X-terra 705 Today

DeadWeight85

I just got my X-terra 705 today after waiting all day for the UPS truck to get here. I got assembled and ready to go for a hunt at the park tonight. We shall see what happens.

Also, how does one break it to his wife that he just spent $600 on a new detector? Any ideas would be great. :D

Tell her you got a good deal and don't mention the price.:D. I told mine I got it for half the price. Good luck with it and keep us posted. HH

Congrats..... And....

Don't worry about the investment,:lol:

I bought my xterra 705 two years ago and would do it again. It is a great multi-purpose detector.

What won my wife over was a CW relic hunt where we combined history with technology and dug up relics first hand- the excitement of unearthing something that was in the grounds for more than 150 years was unbelievable...

Happy hunting!

Peter

Do what I did. Tell her your borrowing it from a friend who had it and never used it and he wants to sell it. Then later on when she asks just tell her ya got it for 100 bucks. :laughing::laughing::laughing: Sad but my girl would have me by the gonads if she new how much I actually have tied up into this hobby.

Not that I condone lying. More or less just stretching the truth to ease later ramifications. HH!

I used up all my change in one of those plastic water jugs(5gal?) Been saving for a couple years( not metal detecting) lol. Didn't plan on buying a detector with it but figured it would refill the change jug quicker. Now I seperate all change copper, silver, wheats and error dates. Over $700 in change and not 1 silver. Cpl wheats and steel pennies.

Also don't forget to mention to her there is a GOLD RUSH going on right now and you want in and the 705 is the best investment for it. Got myself one too lol.

Congrats on the 705 , It is a g great detector. You should be up front with her and Just tell her the price. Then keep showing her your finds. :gettinmoney: The cost wont even matter after she sees the goodies coming in. Then when you want to get the next detector :music: she will back you 100% .

Good detector, mine has worked really well for me.... Keep it in 4 tone for awhile, 99 tones will drive you nuts at first..... Ground balance, noise cancel and go! As far as telling the wife, don't...

My wife likes it when I find gold but not when I spend too much time detecting. I have to give her more of my time than the hobby.:yes:

Hi!
To DeadWeight85

Where do you buy at that price 600$?
If I understand correctly. ))

I would get some flea soap and give the dog a good bath because you may be sharing the dog house for a while.:laughing: If you don't find a ring on your hunt, stop at the jewelry store and buy the cheapest clearance ring they have. Take it home tell her you found it and ask if she wants it. That should smooth things over.:laughing:

I told my wife the benefits of buying a detector for my back(exercise and saving on therapy costs), took her to a few shops and let her see the 'cruddy' state of the cheapest ones and then let her hold the detectors to show my damaged arm woudlnt hold onto something that heavy for that long.....she told me to get a good machine and not waste time on some cheap machine id be upset at......SORTED!!!

It also helps that shes spent so much money on camera equipment she didnt have a leg to stand on....she used to argue with me about me buying a $3 dvd movie then shed spend $2100 on a lense for her camera....i figure i earned the at pro and then 'some'...which is why since then ive bought 'some', also helped that i joined an md club and won a 1 ounce silver coin my first visit....nothing better then showing her money...and $90 in clad (since april) has helped too...lol

Back
Top Bottom