• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Hobby

Triahna

Hi there, I'm Triahna, and I'm new to the hobby of Metal Detecting. I've always been fascinated and interested, but until recently I've never had the time, as my husband and I are Over The Road Truck Drivers.
We're taking a year or so off, and now I find I have time to devote to a hobby. His is Amateur Radio (Ham Radio), and I haven't had one until now... I know.. 45 years old and never had a hobby.. I've always been busy working.

So, I bought an inexpensive model to start.. It's a Quick Silver, with a pin pointer, and I have discovered that my NC red clay/mud yard is also loaded with iron ore that makes this thing go crazy...lol I can set it to "ignore" the iron, but hmmm.. what if I do that and miss something good... Oh well, I'm having fun, and that's what counts. I have lots of woods behind the house.. maybe I'll find some civil war brass buttons or something...

Welcome to the forum from Washington State. Lots of good info to be found on this forum and many use the same detector you have, so feel free to ask questions. Happy Hunting.

Welcome

Welcome to the hobby and the forum! Really great place to get your questions answered and pick up tips, great people in here...

Hello and welcome from Evansville Indiana. My first detector was a bounty hunter quick silver. It is a good little machine. Good luck and happy hunting :)

You might need a detector that can recover from Iron fast otherwise it cant see anything else in the ground,ground balance feature helps too.Happy hunting from wine country.:wine2:

Back
Top Bottom