$2.50 Gold Indian (TID info)

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
FYI.. this rings up 59~60 , usually 60 but further away it may jump between 59-60 on the AT Pro.

Just figured I'd share that.

Attachments

• IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
Oh sorry...it is not a dug coin. I just was curious what it rung up as and figured I'd share the info.

Very good info I just posted something on the general hobby discussion sub forum about gold coins. I'm trying to translate what a 60 on the at pro would be on my machine thanks for sharing!

An older minelab explorer XS don't mean to disrupt your OP just curious as I'm on a site that has at least one I just know it lol but if i remember correctly 60 on the at pro isn't much higher than a pull tab.

Pulltabs are 52-53 or so

It's no disruption ..

I tried it on the Deus also but it depends on the frequency (unless you use the normalize setting) , so maybe I'll go through those again tomorrow and add that here also.

Cool Info! I was inspired by your post to go outside and test a $5 gold coin (1/4oz)...Heres the results on an AtPro with the Thunder coil. Although I'm sure the TIDS and tone will be the same as on a stock 11" since there was no difference on other targets I noticed when I changed over to the NEL.......

Nice HARD midtone hit to @8"...unmissable! Slightly higher TID than a typical beaver tail ring tab (61)...it will jump a few digits though, but a very solid profile signature, so anyone would dig this...

Also, heres the TID that $5 gold coin makes on the F70....sorta right in big square tab area but not quite the same signature, @ 7 digits less than a Zinc...Yeah, its unusual enough, in a realm all unto its own...anybody would dig this target...

I didnt find this coin in the wild..I bought it last month with clad I did find though! :laughing: This is all good info for the membership here to absorb and contemplate...Anybody else got a gold coin to run a test on?
Mud.

Attachments

• five d2.jpg
    five d2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 211
  • five d.jpg
    five d.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 209
  • five d1.jpg
    five d1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 201
They are beautiful coins. Last season I had just enough clad to buy one from the coin shop. The one I bought is a 1911 and in similar condition. I enjoy telling my friends or those that sort of scoff when you mention metal detecting that I got it basically for free. Unfortunately, I was pretty much having health issues that ended up with surgery two weeks ago and didn't get out much. I only dug enough clad this season to buy one Silver Eagle. :( Next year!

Back
Top Bottom