Converting clad to silver

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Every year when the hunt season is over I cash in all my clad and convert it to precious metal, either gold or silver. The last two seasons I bought silver, the dimes after the 2014 season and the quarters after the 2015 season. Digging silver coins is more fun but piling up the silver that's paid for with my clad finds is pretty darn good too.

Attachments

• IMGP0682.jpg
    IMGP0682.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN0811.jpg
    DSCN0811.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
I was just planning on keeping my clad in a big jar, but the more I think about it, the more I think I will do the same. Since I really like the 50C pieces I might go that way. I think I have enuf for 2 now :kingdances:

Oh ya ! I do he same . M not a silver stacker but all my clad buys silver . That way even when I find a zink Penny that isn't rottin I know it converts to treasure . In the pouch it goes. Not getting rich but treasure is treasure đź‘Ť

Oh ya ! I do he same . M not a silver stacker but all my clad buys silver . That way even when I find a zink Penny that isn't rottin I know it converts to treasure . In the pouch it goes. Not getting rich but treasure is treasure đź‘Ť

I told Lori that you had over $300.00 in clad this year and she said "Holy Cow how is that possible he takes breaks" :laughing::laughing:

Oh ya ! I do he same . M not a silver stacker but all my clad buys silver . That way even when I find a zink Penny that isn't rottin I know it converts to treasure . In the pouch it goes. Not getting rich but treasure is treasure ��

I've been thinking of doing the same with my clad,
still haven't cashed in last years. (cleaned it, but haven't cashed it)
I have one big jug full of zinconlincons over 4000
their gonna love me at the bank, when I walk in with that jug....:?::shock::mad:........:laughing:

Are you buying your silver coins from a coin dealer/coin shop or off ebay ?

Last edited:
Never really thought of actually doing that. The more I look at the picture the more I'm liking it! Very nice...errrr....collection!;)

Forum member Joee5 got me doing this as well!...Clad and cans for silver/gold!:laughing:

See if you can find a local Coin Show...good deals there..also if you have a Local Coin Store, thats a pretty good place to find coins or network with other 'bugs'.
If you have a local Numismatic Club in your town, you should also go over there for a meeting, I joined the one here and am having a ball!....All are places to redeem your finds and learn a lot...In fact, some of these guys will trade your tokens/buttons/silver rings/crotal bells/knives/ other interesting finds for silver coins...

The best thing to do is to buy silver/gold/jewelry from your Forum Members when its listed "for sale" here...Its 'The Circle of Life' so to speak...

Converting clad to PM's puts a whole new perspective on ransacking totters and picking up empty cans I'll tell ya!:laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• coin group2.jpg
    coin group2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 184
  • coin show.jpg
    coin show.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 176
  • gold coin.jpg
    gold coin.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Forum member Joee5 got me doing this as well!...Clad and cans for silver/gold!:laughing:

See if you can find a local Coin Show...good deals there..also if you have a Local Coin Store, thats a pretty good place to find coins or network with other 'bugs'.
If you have a local Numismatic Club in your town, you should also go over there for a meeting, I joined the one here and am having a ball!....All are places to redeem your finds and learn a lot...In fact, some of these guys will trade your tokens/buttons/silver rings/crotal bells/knives/ other interesting finds for silver coins...

The best thing to do is to buy silver/gold/jewelry from your Forum Members when its listed "for sale" here...Its 'The Circle of Life' so to speak...

Converting clad to PM's puts a whole new perspective on ransacking totters and picking up empty cans I'll tell ya!:laughing:
Mud

Thanks for the ideas. I used to do that in my earlier years with gold coins and silver dollars. Then got busy and life got in the way. Where is a good place to look to see the going price for the common silver ? I think I will stick with the Franklin and Walking Liberty halves for a while.

Thanks for the ideas. I used to do that in my earlier years with gold coins and silver dollars. Then got busy and life got in the way. Where is a good place to look to see the going price for the common silver ? I think I will stick with the Franklin and Walking Liberty halves for a while.

Cointrackers and Goldcalc websites will let you know what a PM is 'worth' on that given day...I like BF halfs and Walkers myself! Barber halfs too! Anyway, you really gotta know what a Silver oz or Gold oz is worth...hardly anybody in daily life does....its sort of a fun hobby asking random people.."Hey, whats a 1oz silver coin worth?" Most have NO clue!:laughing: We all should know, at least in the ballpark...I like 'scrap silver coins' with no numismatic value...especially halfs...I aint got time to collect specials...
Mud

Back
Top Bottom