Newer Dollars and Half Dollars Worth?

Longhorn Al

I found a cool site called Coinflation.com. It says that 65-70 Kennedy Half Dollars are worth $1.995 and 71-76 Eisenhower Dollars are $4.266. Both are 40% silver. I understand this, but was wondering if it's practical? Would anyone actually be able to get those prices, or would the fact that the silver would need to be separated from the other alloys decrease its value?

No personal experience, but I've heard recently of some selling the 40% silver for three times face value.

Thanks!!

thanks Al! I found an Eisenhower 1972 Dollar on the beach a few months back and just thought...a buck is a buck... and put it in with my current dollar coins that are out now. Now I know better!!:yes: :D :yes:

thanks Al! I found an Eisenhower 1972 Dollar on the beach a few months back and just thought...a buck is a buck... and put it in with my current dollar coins that are out now. Now I know better!!:yes: :D :yes:

The only 40% silver Ikes were proof Ike dollars and those for mint sets. Those would all have an "S" mintmark. Of course, it's still possible one of those was lost. There were also some made in 40% silver in error.

Back
Top Bottom