locating property markers

Digg'n

My dad is wanting me to find the property markers back at his place. I will be using my 250 so is there anything special that you look for or just put it in all metal and dig everything close to it till u find it?

I located some for a lady several years ago. At that time I had a White's Silver eagle I just put it in the all metal mode and found them fairly easy. The post were steel rods about 3/4" in diamiter and had a piece of orange flagging attached to them below the surface. Hope that helps...good luck.

Use a sharp-shooter (Long, narrow shovel) and come into the target at an angle, instead of digging straight down. A lot easier to find.

My friend's hub is a surveyor and he said to look 8-10 feet from the curb, and that's where we found them and measured to narrow down the others before MDing. My friend's house showed as foil and when we dug to them they were steel, my house is older and they showed as iron and that's what we found when we dug down. I'm using an ace 350. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom