Some relics found during the week

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
I was able to secure permission to hunt another house next door to a friend of mine in a 100+ year old neighborhood. I was just able to hunt the curb strip before the light was fading and my batteries died. Im not sure what the ornate copper Item is in the left lower corner (belt buckle?), but the key is from the Clinton lock company which I found about 4 to 5" down. It has numbers stamped on one side making it look kind of official.

101_4231.jpg

The other items I found in the peace dollar field. I thought the oval plate with the 4 on it was a cow tag, but after cleaning it up a little I think its a number posted on a door (it was deep). The button and watch frame are easily identifiable, but Im not sure what the item is on the upper left. The rock rang up like a copper penny or dime. Im not sure what type of metal it is, but my pinpointer starts picking it up at 2.5".

Thanks for looking, and HH!

the item at the bottom left corner intriges me . It looks very old with those
hand made decorations .....Colonial?
Could you take a zoomed pic of it ?
In my opinion, it's the best find you made :cool:

Getting in the last before winter sets in ??
Cant believe this weather. Thot we'd be shut down by now.

the item at the bottom left corner intriges me . It looks very old with those
hand made decorations .....Colonial?
Could you take a zoomed pic of it ?
In my opinion, it's the best find you made :cool:

Thanks Ramm. Here are 4 close up views from different angles:

101_4240.jpg

101_4239.jpg

101_4241.jpg

101_4242.jpg

Colonial? That would be a rarity unless someone brought it from back out east. This place wasnt settled until the mid 1890's, and most of the settlers were fresh of the boats from the east coast (mostly German and Irish). Before that it was tribes, soldiers, fur trappers, and the occasional mountain men. With the end connectors it almost looks like an electrical device, but Ive never seen anything like it. I also dont think it was handmade, but embossed or stamped. I might be wrong though. Please let me know if it looks similar to something you have seen before. Thanks!

Getting in the last before winter sets in ??
Cant believe this weather. Thot we'd be shut down by now.

Its supposed to be nicer on Sun. and Mon., so Im not ready to pack up yet! Ill even put hand warmers in my gloves for the chilly days. If I can punch ground with my digger in the fron yard, Im heading out. I hate to say it, but Im addicted and need help! :lol:

Thanks Ramm. Here are 4 close up views from different angles:

View attachment 368557

View attachment 368558

View attachment 368559

View attachment 368560

Colonial? That would be a rarity unless someone brought it from back out east. This place wasnt settled until the mid 1890's, and most of the settlers were fresh of the boats from the east coast (mostly German and Irish). Before that it was tribes, soldiers, fur trappers, and the occasional mountain men. With the end connectors it almost looks like an electrical device, but Ive never seen anything like it. I also dont think it was handmade, but embossed or stamped. I might be wrong though. Please let me know if it looks similar to something you have seen before. Thanks!

Thanks for uploading these zoomed pics. Now I also see it's not hand made decorated but stamped. After I wrote "Colonial " I realized my mistake,I should have written "Pioneer" instead :roll:
Very interesting decorated piece,I thought it could have been from a book clasp (Bible etc,) hmmmm :?:
Congrats !

Back
Top Bottom