ENDED Tell FMDF something about yourself we don't already know! ends at 11:59 pm (EST.) on June 22, 2014

ugadigger

Elite Member
I love contests, and thought it'd be neat to learn something new about you that we don't already know. The winner will be the one who receives the most "thumbs ups" (bottom right "did you find this post helpful") on their "confession". I believe this will work, but if it doesn't then I will have to reserve the right to make the final decision. Please keep it family friendly :yes:

The contest will end at 11:59 pm (EST.) on June 22, 2014.

The prize will be the book "Gold Beneath the Waves".

I live in Florida, but pull for the Georgia bulldogs:lol: Donneybrook and Pops68 wouldn't care since they like Florida State:lol:

I was an actual pirate long before I started detecting...
I only started detecting because, as a grown man, it doesn't seem as creepy now when I tell folks I'm a real pirate!!

Oh... And I play dobro at bluegrass jams at the American Legions and VFWs sometimes!!

I'm also a tree geek, certified arborist, and know the Latin name (genus and species) to almost every tree in my part of the world and many plants as well.

This is the most impressive sounding one :lol: Parthenocissus quinquefolia

Thanks for the contest!!

<*)))>{

I was an actual pirate long before I started detecting...
I only started detecting because, as a grown man, it doesn't seem as creepy now when I tell folks I'm a real pirate!!

Oh... And I play dobro at bluegrass jams at the American Legions and VFWs sometimes!!

I'm also a tree geek, certified arborist, and know the Latin name (genus and species) to almost every tree in my part of the world and many plants as well.

This is the most impressive sounding one :lol: Parthenocissus quinquefolia

Thanks for the contest!!

<*)))>{

:lol: You sound like me on a composting forum I'm on where you have to use all the greek names for worms. Like the Amynthas gracilis:lol:

Keep 'em coming guys! Great stories so far, even if you live in a van down by the river :shock:

VOTE for MISSE please

I like being Misse the "tecting Dog. I like having fun. If you vote for me you will have good karma. You will find that silver coin and/or have a good clad day. You will find that gold ring and/or have a nice day on the water or on land. You will find that relic when it seems like nothing good is in your area.

All you have to do is hit that thumb and give me a vote. But if you want to share your good fortunes you can PM as many people as you feel comfortable with and encourage them to vote for me. Might as well hit that thumb,nobody's gonna know who voted anyway till those items start showing up on Stories and Pictures.

I need that prize book too cause I have to start sharing the computer with my sister Lilly the 'tecting Turtle and she is going to need that book. I am planning on giving it to her because even though I'm a dirt hunter and she is a water hunter, and we will be in competition, I still love her.:hi5:

36 members found this post helpful Did you find this post helpful?:good:

Attachments

• IMG_2321 (800x370) (640x296).jpg
    IMG_2321 (800x370) (640x296).jpg
    129 KB · Views: 318
When I was 15 I had my first knee surgery. During surgery I had an allergic reaction to the anesthesia and my heart stopped. I was revived but it very easily could have gone the other way. Now, when people ask me how I am I always say "better than I deserve" because I know that God has given me many new chances in life, and that I am still here today because of His plan for me.

I have had three knee surgeries since then. My next one will likely be a double total knee replacement. I'm putting that one off...

If i don't have something i usually make what i need.

Besides my metal detection, coin collecting, and rock hounding, i love to restore things as a hobby.

Also when i was little (3 years old or so) i remember floating while i was in my crib and when i woke up i fell back to the bed.. strangest thing is no one was in my room. Because of that experience i do believe in the so called "ghosts"

Probably the funniest thing is that in all the years i have been detecting (serious since 2010) i have only found 1 old coing which was a 1949-s wheat penny, found last year... but i found a lot of other more rare things than coins.

I hit a "hole in one" on the par three 3rd hole @ Quail Hollow GC in Percy Quinn state park in Miss. ....then shot an 11 very next hole.

:lol:

As a kid I was running in a ditch tripped and drove a stick almost all the way through my calf....took the doctors almost two hours to remove all of it because the muscle constricted around it and it kept breaking.:(

I was born in 1942, central Texas. Widowed in 2006, moved to Idaho in 2007. Love to MD, target shooting/plinking, refinishing guns, building computers, and do some CRHing.

I love mountain climbing, bungee jumping, ballet, ANY reality show, clowns, women in uniform with a badge and cuffs, sunsets then sunrise, cats, deep sea fishing, airport friskings, being hit with a teaser, people who STILL write checks at the grocery store, 12-hour work shifts, boy bands, ANY rap music, warm beer, people who say "ever find anything?", ANYONE who says "NO" , my teachers in high school, my coaches in college, and every lucky gal that broke up with me.

I'll stop now......if you didn't know......I'm a little sarcastic at times.

I love mountain climbing, bungee jumping, ballet, ANY reality show, clowns, women in uniform with a badge and cuffs, sunsets then sunrise, cats, deep sea fishing, airport friskings, being hit with a teaser, people who STILL write checks at the grocery store, 12-hour work shifts, boy bands, ANY rap music, warm beer, people who say "ever find anything?", ANYONE who says "NO" , my teachers in high school, my coaches in college, and every lucky gal that broke up with me.

I'll stop now......if you didn't know......I'm a little sarcastic at times.

Cool and LMAO!:lol:

Contest update: It appears Ice Scratcher is in the lead currently, with Kemper running a close second...get your stories in before the deadline tomorrow night!

I used to work in professional wrestling in the late 1980's and early 1990's. I used to ride to matches with the man that wrestles as "The Undertaker" and was suplexed by him (the Undertaker) once.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom