Civil War tokens

Chenzo016

Hey guys i went to a flea-market and saw a guy that had probably about 50 civil war tokens all different ones. He wanted 25 dollars a piece. I didn't buy any because i didn't want to risk it. I was wondering if that is a resonable price and if there are any that i should really look out for that may be pretty rare or worth a good buck. Most of them were in pretty good shape. Let me know what you think and what you think i should look for.

P.S. I also bought a 1835 bust dime for 18 bucks.....:)

Hey guys i went to a flea-market and saw a guy that had probably about 50 civil war tokens all different ones. He wanted 25 dollars a piece. I didn't buy any because i didn't want to risk it. I was wondering if that is a resonable price and if there are any that i should really look out for that may be pretty rare or worth a good buck. Most of them were in pretty good shape. Let me know what you think and what you think i should look for.

P.S. I also bought a 1835 bust dime for 18 bucks.....:)

That's a tough one because it depends on grade, and there's just so many. If you search on Ebay the lower ones only get maybe $15, but the higher grade stuff, or rarer ones are much higher. It's not exactly easy to check out each one that is one his table, so this is what I would do. First I'd try to get a sense of how much he knows. Did he collect these? Does he have other coins for sale? If you ask simple questions does he know the answers? Then I would see how many are doubles, and if not many are I'd feel a little better there could be some good stuff mixed in considering he priced them at $25 across the board. It's either one thing or the other... he knows his stuff and every one is common, or he doesn't have a clue and everything at $25 each is easy. If I had a good sense he didn't know much about them, flipping stuff is not new to me, and neither is a little risk, so I'd ask what his best price for all of them would be. If you could get them at $20 each, you ebay them all starting at $29.99 and see what happens. Obviously everything rides on whether your sense of the situation was correct. At $20 each it's hard to lose a lot of money, but there's a chance to make a lot. But again it's all about making the right choice and taking a little risk.

One more thing... if all are lower grade, about in the same condition, that's a sign they are all common and he's no fool. If there's some higher grade stuff those no doubt would have to be worth more than $25 so that would be a positive sign.

Check Ebay completed listings and compare the condition of the sales in the $25 range to what you remember him having.

I found this Civil War store card a couple of weeks ago.
Thought to myself, Oh Boy, this otta be worth some money:D:D:D
First link on line I went to with a search was selling one for $20.00 with out the scratch:lol::lol::lol:
Oh well,, still a cool find for California:D

Tim

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 325
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 322
write them down, and search ebay.

condition is everything with tokens. I have seen poor condition ones sell for 5-10 bucks, nice graded rare ones could sell for a couple hundred.

Tokens

I posted a few I've dug the last few years on my profile . There is a whole lot of different types , and all are great pieces of our past history .

Back
Top Bottom