westyjeff

Hello everyone, My name is Jeff Carter, I am in the Everett area of Washington State. I am a family man with wife, 2 kids ages 6 and 9. Love to camp and explore the PNW. I want to start gold prospecting when camping in the Cascade mountains and general treasure hunting when we travel to other areas. I just started looking for information on metal detectors, this is what brought me to the site.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

There are many knowledgeable members on the forum so ask questions if you need help deciding which detector might work best for you and members will answer when they see your post.

Hello from Nebraska! worked in Seattle for a year back in '99 but didn't detect then.... Sure wished I had. I just started detecting too but mostly I pan gold in the Black Hills near Deadwood SD. I know a place where I'll find some gold with my detector this year! I just got a Gold Bug Pro and tested it on a .11 Gram flake. Picked it out at 3" and that's good enough for me....

What you detecting with?

NickL

Hello from Nebraska! worked in Seattle for a year back in '99 but didn't detect then.... Sure wished I had. I just started detecting too but mostly I pan gold in the Black Hills near Deadwood SD. I know a place where I'll find some gold with my detector this year! I just got a Gold Bug Pro and tested it on a .11 Gram flake. Picked it out at 3" and that's good enough for me....

What you detecting with?

NickL

Thanks Nick, I have yet to buy, looking at the new Mine Lab 1000 gold monster or a Tesoro Lobo or a Gold Bug,, who knows, the new Tesoro Mojave is getting good reviews and the price is right although not really a gold detector.

Back
Top Bottom