4" Tesoro Coil help.

3.14R8

Elite Member
Has anyone used a 4" coil on their tesoro metal detector, I'm thinking of getting one for my deleon and was wondering how deep they go and how close you can get to lets say a cyclone fence or metal framing under bleechers? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I have one and I never use it. In my opinion, it is too small to be of any great use.

I have one and an old Silver Sabre II, if you are in playgrounds or small trashy areas it is pretty good. Otherwise I agree it is too small. joe

If you decide to try one, pm, me.I can part with the one I have.I bought it brand new and don't have a purpose to keep it.

As others have stated...it's purpose is to be used in the DENSE trash spots and very tight areas used like a probe. You won't cover ground quickly using a 4" coil if you use it correctly as it was not intended for that type of hunting. The junkier the area the more you have to overlap and slow down the speed of swing. The next best alternative to utilizing that coils small window is to turn off detector and grab the shovel and screen sifter if possible. Ha!

As others have stated...it's purpose is to be used in the DENSE trash spots and very tight areas used like a probe. You won't cover ground quickly using a 4" coil if you use it correctly as it was not intended for that type of hunting. The junkier the area the more you have to overlap and slow down the speed of swing. The next best alternative to utilizing that coils small window is to turn off detector and grab the shovel and screen sifter if possible. Ha!

I was hoping it would work good right next to fences and underneath bleachers, the bleachers I want to hunt under have angle iron everywhere, sets the stock coil off constantly, just wondered if anyone has actually used one.I just got outbid on one on ebay I think I'm going to pass on it. Thanks for the input.

I was hoping it would work good right next to fences and underneath bleachers, the bleachers I want to hunt under have angle iron everywhere, sets the stock coil off constantly, just wondered if anyone has actually used one.I just got outbid on one on ebay I think I'm going to pass on it. Thanks for the input.

Trouble is it is so small, you would have a devil of a time getting it to position correctly to hunt under bleacher stands and it is as sensitive through the top of the coil as it is under it. This summer, I'll make an effort to put it back on and give you a better report as to what it is capable of. I lost all interest in it, I used it to skirt metal buildings at carnival grounds. It's about the only place to find coins left by those who hunt it. I wouldn't look for depth as you are going to subdue the machine sens down low to hunt close to metal objects.

Trouble is it is so small, you would have a devil of a time getting it to position correctly to hunt under bleacher stands and it is as sensitive through the top of the coil as it is under it. This summer, I'll make an effort to put it back on and give you a better report as to what it is capable of. I lost all interest in it, I used it to skirt metal buildings at carnival grounds. It's about the only place to find coins left by those who hunt it. I wouldn't look for depth as you are going to subdue the machine sens down low to hunt close to metal objects.

Thanks bibelot,I'm kind of glad I got outbid. Let me know if you do use yours this summer I'd like to know the results. GL HH

Back
Top Bottom