permissions and more permissions!

tater

Elite Member
I have a lot of permission to detect. Getting close to 30,000 acres. It seems that every time i turn around people are asking if i will detect their properties.
The other day i was asked to be on a board of directors for a local historic building that is being renovated. The first board meeting i go to i was asked what my interests are. I said metal detecting old house sites. The lady sitting beside me said she had some property that she wanted me to search.
Enough is enough. I cant search all this land. LOL. I know its a strange problem to have but im also into the research aspect and like to do a good job at it.
What to do. What to do

Congrats !!!!!

.....you need to write a pamphlet on permission asking methods and techniques ! :lol:

I am a firefighter. I help out the local farmers a lot and they all talk. I have them come to me now. It's that simple. Lol

I have a lot of permission to detect. Getting close to 30,000 acres. It seems that every time i turn around people are asking if i will detect their properties.
The other day i was asked to be on a board of directors for a local historic building that is being renovated. The first board meeting i go to i was asked what my interests are. I said metal detecting old house sites. The lady sitting beside me said she had some property that she wanted me to search.
Enough is enough. I cant search all this land. LOL. I know its a strange problem to have but im also into the research aspect and like to do a good job at it.
What to do. What to do

Send me a list of the stuff ya can't get to. Im willing to help a brother out.

You need to form a group of fellow detectors who can help you out. Not exactly a club but those you trust who can help you with requests.

When you think about it...Gaining permissions and all....Introducing yourself as a 'fireman' is the PERFECT cover for us!

"Hey, I'm a fireman and would like to detect your property" Who is going to say NO? People are ascared of fires, even more so of Firemen...just show up in discarded turn out gear and act serious and official! Talk all sorts of dangerous !!!! like gas leak detection, insurance policies, or whatnot! You got the run of the place!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom