• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sold my avatar

Wom 27

Elite Member
Had carpal tunnel surgery as some may know md decided to sell what little gold I have so I can continue my bad habits while out of work. The tooth was 16 k and got me 60 dollars. Also sold the ring. It was so small I couldn't get it past my pinky finger first knuckle. It got me 25 dollars. Guess I got to go find more once the snow melts. Boy, how I wish I lived by a beach ! image.jpg

Hope you recover completely and on schedule from the surgery !

.....hey, at least detecting is one of the few hobbies where you have the potential to also make money instead of just spending money like some hobbies. :lol:

Speedy recovery wishes to you. Waiting for snow to be gone here in MA also.
It's almost Springtime, It's almost Springtime!

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, I sell a lot of what I find. Helps with everything from bills, to groceries, to coffee and smokes, etc. I can't justify holding on to it all and letting it sit for years when someone might want them to look at them or what not. I had a guy buying relics off me, making shadow boxes and donating them to local schools. Therefore helping little ones learn how out earliest ancestors lived. I've also donated a lot to local historical societies, sometimes leading to permissions as well. Good luck this season and happy hunting!

You said you would like to water hunt. That is where you will get a lot of gold and silver. Not counting all the coins you can find.
Than you say there are no beaches. Some ideas.
Many campgrounds have ponds to swim in. Always a small beach. Many lakes have public beaches. Some state parks have beaches.
Hope that gives you some ideas.... KEN

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, I sell a lot of what I find. Helps with everything from bills, to groceries, to coffee and smokes, etc. I can't justify holding on to it all and letting it sit for years when someone might want them to look at them or what not. I had a guy buying relics off me, making shadow boxes and donating them to local schools. Therefore helping little ones learn how out earliest ancestors lived. I've also donated a lot to local historical societies, sometimes leading to permissions as well. Good luck this season and happy hunting!

Good Job on the sales Wom! I wish you a speedy recovery as well...I have no emotional attachment at all to my finds...Like Cellrdwellr...its a subsistence hunting sport to me...

Hoping for a speedy recovery! From what I hear the recovery is alot faster than when I had it 17 years ago. I tend to hang onto most things also. I need to learn to let go of these things that I dig up

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom