OMG What A Day! And The Verdict Is IN!

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
I got a late start due to downpours but hit the beach exactly low tide. I almost did not go since the rain was still all around. Glad I did! Two hours later I am done.

First target was a Titanium ring so I figured today might be good. Not long after that I get a strange mixed sound. One scoop and I see the band sticking out. Reaching down I pull it out, not working, shook it to see if water was inside and it started ticking. Humm, then I see the make. Even without my glasses I saw R O L E X. I started laughing so hard I dropped my scoop. It must be fake, I am not going to pee my pants, it is fake. :roll:

WELL, I it seems to be genuine. I will get it tested.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,709
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,841
Last edited:
WOW!! man I say you had one hell of a hunt!!! Congrats on the goodies and hope the watch is real... Should bring some good money!! NICE!!!

Congrat on an awesome score. I sure hope its real. What I want to know is why the hell would you wear your $5000+ watch in the ocean?

Did you note the date. Its a fresh drop from today? Awsome find. Congrats.
The date was wrong and the time also. I realized when I shook it the winder inside restarted the watch. No way of knowing how long it was in the water but it I just rinsed it off with fresh water and it looks great.

I think you need to take more vacations, cause HOLY C what a return ..

Man I am so happy for you !!

Not only is it a major score, but a gorgeous watch ..

You can wear it proudly for many years and tell the story over and over and over and.. You get the point

Big Congrats my friend .

Last edited:
It looks real!!!!

Does the crystal sit higher than the bezel? The fakes are usually flush.

Good signs:
  • The date magnification looks correct
  • the date number font appears to be correct
  • the case is scratched but the crystal looks perfect still (sapphire)
  • Hard to tell from the pics, but the magnifier lens appears to be perfectly centered on the date

Verify:
  • The watch you found has bars in the number location (and small numeral around the face), the watch in the link has large Roman numerals
  • your watch has a solid minute hand whereas the watch in the had has the glow in the dark insert

FWIW, Rolex may have the owner on file by serial number from previous service records.

I dont want to be a kill joy here but why would a watch like that have the wrong date and time. I hear most Roleys dug out of the ocean are always keeping time. Maybe my ignorance. Nice score either way congratulations!!!

^mine dies if I don't wear it all weekend. There is no battery...arm movement winds a spring up.

Back
Top Bottom