$50 CWR'S of pennies.

DaMangRon

Forum Supporter
Hey guys, haven't posted in this thread for quite awhile. Just not much to report....a lot of blanks or maybe a 40%er or two. But this week when I went to the bank to pick up my weekly coin order the teller told me she's got 2 boxes ($50) in pennies that a customer turned in. Sure...I'll take em!

I cannot believe it, but they look to be ALL wheats! Yup....5000 of em, gonna take me 2 or 3 weeks to go through them all. Looks like mostly 40's and 50's but there a bunch of steelies so I hope that's a good sign :)

Attachments

• 20151212_193945.jpg
    20151212_193945.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 374
That is huge!

Looks like someone dumped their copper collection, not knowing that wheaties carry a premium? Congrats -

2nd thought.....that's gonna be a job checking all of them for errors! Ha ha

Yup...it sure it! I can only search for about an hour at a time before my eyes hurt and I start seeing double. I even have a large lighted magnifier!

About halfway through...nothing good so far...all 40's and 50's.

I'm sure that pile has been gone through not sure if there any rare dates from the 40's 50's anyway maybe a double die 55

+1

I came pretty close to dumping my common wheats at the bank, but gave them to a relative instead. Late dates, of common mintages, in circulated or more likely heavily circulated condition, are only worth $0.01

The only promising sign is that there were steelies in the mix. Usually collectors will cull them out, even if they have little value.

+1

I came pretty close to dumping my common wheats at the bank, but gave them to a relative instead. Late dates, of common mintages, in circulated or more likely heavily circulated condition, are only worth $0.01

The only promising sign is that there were steelies in the mix. Usually collectors will cull them out, even if they have little value.

Copper hoarders might go 2 cents each. Nuts copper is down, ok 1.3 cents each.

Back
Top Bottom