Been Fishing??

Beefcake

Elite Member
Beerdoodle brought up the crappies... Has anyone been fishing? I got out last sunday to the Salt Fork spillway... 2 saugeye were caught and my buddy snagged a Musky on the back by accident. He raised it to get a look at it, but didn't have a chance of landing it... It was easily in the 40 - 45" range... It was huge! I got a 26" bowfin a few weeks ago at the river, but other than that I've just been waiting to get out on the boat. Maybe this thread will serve us throughout the summer, so we don't inundate other posts with our fish... Even though I know Epi loves the fish stories....deep down...lol

caught 50+ crappie last weekend all where post spawn white crappie not much bigger than my hand,didnt keep any of those but went saturday evening to a local lake and caught 15 big black crappie including a big 18" female she weighed a hair over 3lbs one of my biggest crappie ever,she went back in and 14 ended up in the fryer. also caught a 26" bass prolly close to 5#. went catfishin sunday morning and caught a nice blue around 20# and a couple bowfin. goin again this sunday.

I used to love to fish and I do love to eat them. But the bass follow me around when I am diving and I don't have the heart to kill one anymore. I even feed them underwater. I have cought walley that were trying to pull a two pound sinker around after the fishermens line broke and I let them go.

My heart isn't into killing anything anymore. I still love to eat it but that is about it.

I haven't kept any fish in over 5 years I bet. I like the idea of having them around to catch again someday. 26 inch bass should easily get you in and beyond the 5 lb range. My brother caught a 26 incher that weighed in just over 8 lbs. Now a 3lb crappie...that's a trophy! I'd like to have seen a pic of that whopper! I haven't gotten into any catfish yet this year... I'm due! Gonna head out sunday morning on the boat..can't wait!

yeah normally any bass in the 26" length would have abit of weight to it but this one was real skinny, here is a pic of my "trophy" wall there are 5 bass 7,8,9,10 and 11 pounds the 7,8 and 9 pounders where either rite at 26" or just a hair over the 10 and 11# where just a tad over 28" if i ever get a 12# bass im gonna have all 6 bass mounted on a chain stringer and hang it on a piece of barn wood.

fishwall.jpg

Back
Top Bottom