Almost but no cigar

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
As I have stated numerous times, I would love to find a class ring someday and return it to the owner. Just something that I have always wanted to do. Today I went for a quick hunt with the Silver uMax got a pretty solid beep and dug up a small green stone that has a gold backing on it. Almost looked like a stone that you have on a school class ring. For some reason I rescanned the hole that the stone came from (which I don't always do but should) and got another beep. Dug down some more and out popped what looks like a miniature class ring with the stone missing (it looks just like a class ring but has a loop on it that goes on a chain) in other words it looks just like a class ring necklace. Sure enough the stone I found fits right exactly on the part missing the stone . Hope I make sense, I'm not real good describing things sometimes. Sorry about the picture not being very clear. Steve.

Forgot to mention that there is writing around the stone area, I have to clean it up more to read it, I think it says St. Paul something or other, my wife says there used to be a school with that name in the area with that name. The Silver uMax is one sweet machine.

Attachments

• Picture3 637 (Medium).jpg
    Picture3 637 (Medium).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 236
Good going on rescanning the hole for the other part. I have done this many times but have never found the missing part. Hope you can track it down, steve in so az

one of my favorite things is finding more than one thing in the hole so i alway re swing. in fact since i got the xl-1 i always wave it around in the hole and often times it will give me a signal.

The moral of the story is "always" rescan the hole, I don't know how many times I have found several coins in one hole. I myself am guilty of getting a beep digging out the coin and moving on without rescanning the hole, hard habbit to break but I am working at it. Steve.

I cleaned it up and can now read it. Around the stone area it says St. Paul jr. sr. prom Can't find any dates or names on it, I will have to look at it with a magnifying glass before I throw it in the "keeper" collection container. Steve.

Good job on the jewelry. I always re scan the holes. I found 10 wheaties in one hole that way. If I hadn't checked I would have missed 9 of them.

Back
Top Bottom