Too funny...

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
You know someone else has been hunting your area when you find one of these...

I don't know what it came off of because my AT Pro and carrot did not come with one, but obviously it means competition is not far. Was a surface find in a city totlot along with some clad, bottlecaps and and pulltabs.

Ha! Looks like a hat or lapel pin to me. Maybe it got snagged on a piece of equipment (headphones, headphone wire) and broke the pin part off. Nice souvenir, anyway! :laughing:

It could have been a pin or something. Garrett is located near me and it might have been an employee on lunch or after work that lost a pin or part of a badge or something.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hey, maybe set up a wildlife motion detect camera to capture pics of who's detecting there :laughing::laughing::laughing:
mdcam.jpg

(of course you'd have to hope no one would take your camera :lol:)

It could have been a pin or something. Garrett is located near me and it might have been an employee on lunch or after work that lost a pin or part of a badge or something.

If Garrett is close, just phone them and ask them what it is! If they need to see it, you are close enough to just drop by with it. Maybe it will get you a tour and some nice swag! ;)

If Garrett is close, just phone them and ask them what it is! If they need to see it, you are close enough to just drop by with it. Maybe it will get you a tour and some nice swag! ;)

I've toured the parts available to the public, it's a small area compared to the whole building. I might bring it up there just to find out what it came off of. They're nice people even if just dropping in. Their public prices are HIGH though, last time I was there a guy was buying a whole AT Pro bundle. I overheard the price (since the public area is so small, their "museum area") and it took everything I had not to laugh out loud, knowing ANY sponsor here could easily destroy that price!

I'm not really cool with the FBI stalked out waiting for me to retrieve the camera...wondering what I was going to do with 1,000 pictures of kids playing! I like my freedom! :laughing:

Oops, I wasn't thinking about the location you mentioned when I posted that, sorry, definitely don't do that there ! :no:

I just tried to find that pin online to see if it was a hat pin, shirt pin, or maybe just an emblem that was attached to the equipment, but all I could find online was this Garrett hat pin -
Garrettpin2.jpg

I did find a link to a Garrett page with that Garrett American flag emblem, it is a page to alert people to make sure they have a genuine Garrett made in America and not a counterfeit -

http://www.garrett.com/mediasite/counterfeiting_en.aspx

Only a tried and true detectorist who knows it's uncompromising ability to out perform EVERY SINGLE other detector ever imagined! Who else can provide a "standard", "pro" and then the hidden "by the POWER of Grayskull" mode??? :laughing:

Is it time to run away yet?...

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

......maybe the same people who would frame the first pull-tab they found and hang it on their wall just like a business hangs the first dollar bill they made :lol:

Back
Top Bottom