My Winter Project or Projects

Sven

Elite Member
After about 5 years of building my Mirage Pi metal detector, the final version is one i am very happy with. So this project is more or less done. if you happen to own one, water or land unit that i have built. Consider that a good thing, as I may not build any more, except another for myself.

Anyways, had a couple new projects. The first one being a VLF detector, we were kind of joking it will be the Cazador that Tesoro just couldn't seem to make appear after 3-4 years ......:shock: Right now, since a few inquired about it. It's still in the process stage. Parts are all here had to have new circuit boards made with some corrections. Now its just finding a free weekend to solder the parts to the board. Can say it will be Tesoro umax size, well just a bit wider and will be made of itsy bitsy tiny parts a human can still solder.
The detector should be great if it works the first try, time will tell.

PC230009_zpsgccmskxy.jpg

The other project for this winter I finished about a month ago.
tek1_zpsmicshuys.jpg

A vintage Teknetics Mark 1 with a number of internal and external modes that also increase depth. I did a battery mod as well that many have done in the past that does work. Even tho the AA and the 9 volt battery side are un-matched.

tk1_zps9summ3fw.jpg

What are the mods?
Adding:
Fine Tune Ground Balance control: You will be able to take the ground balance positive or negative to as far as possible, while being stable, for the site your hunting

Notch Window control: This will allow you to make the notch 4 times wider or 8 times narrower.

Discrimination Fine Tune control: This will allow you to fine tune iron out almost to the very edge but it will give a very distinct popping sound. This along with a small coil will be the very best park or trashy area detector

Depth Mod : about an extra inch when you are able to run the sensitivity control really high.

mk1done1_zps36qb42mr.jpg

batbox2_zpsjk96xrxs.jpg

Powered the Mark 1 up and did a bunch of indoor air testing and my tub of dirt. There was an air test depth improvement overall by about 2" with the 7" coil. In ground tub test, lost the 2" which was expected. Haven't tested the 10" coil yet. Have to say it is a very smooth running detector and will be relaxing to use instead of some of the modern day hyper active digital detectors hanging on the wall.

I love the chest mount harness I picked up for camera cases. 6 point mount harness, attaches in 30 seconds. The Mark 1 rest comfortably and firmly on the chest. meter facing downwards and can easily be easily read. I do have the Mark 1 resting higher up on my chest than the camera bag pictured.

harness_zpsamtw5gtv.png

If anyone is interested in the mods so they can mod their own Mark 1, PM me. Since the mods are already here and there on the web. I complied them into a pdf. file format.

Back
Top Bottom