Just another Murphy day

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
One of those days when something simple goes ..... goood ole Murphys law.

Started the day by fighting some swift swells. I think i lost more targets than recovered. After giving it up .... headed for the car with the mumbles. I have a Buick Enclave...... it has a nice spring gas cap which seemed like the perfect place to put the car keys. Sealed inside .... just a small hole for the cap connector. Wellllll ...... Murphys Law says those keys wont go thru that hole.... ya well we all know how that went. So the keys drop down onto the top of the wheel well. The Buick is an awesome made car it seems the bottom is totally SEALED. So they dont drop to the ground youd have to remove the wheel wells or under plating. Wonderful!

Finally found a cop .... who couldnt help except to let me make a call to someone who of course wasnt home. Finally found someone with a pair of pliers. The plastic inside the cap had 3 bolts which took forever to remove then it still didnt come off.... finally figured out the clips and could barely get the hand in there. Lucky they didnt drop all the way down. Only 3 hours later...... but it sure makes you wonder about your hiding places.:laughing:

Anyone ever have ONE OF THOSE DAYSS?

Jeeezzz man, rough day! I always leave my fncy keys in the car and bring a cheapo steel cut copy with me to open the doors after the hunt. On some cars you have to wrap the transponder in tin foil beofre locking the car as they ahve a fancy feature that might not allow the keys to be locked in the car otherwise...
Chin up!

Would this be a bad time to ridicule you for driving a Buick? :laughing:

Gotta love those days. Makes me happy one of my doors doesn't even lock so I don't need to worry about that happening. On the flip side I can't leave my detector in the car anywhere either. That would make me too nervous.

Things can always go wrong. I use a plastic case made by underwater kinetics. Hasn't failed yet. Someday it probably come off the lanyard.

One of those days .... but it sure makes you wonder about your hiding places

I went to a locksmith and had a "valet key" made for $10. Valet key doesn't have the electronic/chip thing so it is strickly for the doors. Cheap and I can double knot it to my bathing suit while locking the other in the car. :D

I went to a locksmith and had a "valet key" made for $10. Valet key doesn't have the electronic/chip thing so it is strickly for the doors. Cheap and I can double knot it to my bathing suit while locking the other in the car. :D

Damn I never thought to take the valet key detecting. That's a really good idea considering it never gets used for it's intended purpose!(valet)

Would this be a bad time to ridicule you for driving a Buick? :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

X2! Had one made at a local hardware store when I became more of a water pirate. I wear it around my neck.

Dew sometimes we feel like if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all,,,,,:laughing:I woke up and turned on the computer to look at the beach and had decided that the curling of them swells would likely be breaking right where I needed to dig so I stayed home,,,how many times were you kicking that boat saying how much you missed your jeep,,,,:lol:GL HH

Im miss the simplicity of my Jeep....... but then i dont have anyone taking my buick windows or other stuff out of it either. :laughing:

Good idea on the key. Being completely sealed this car doesnt really have a ledge to put a magnetic key box on. I did go to a hardware store...... they couldnt do a key because of the chip. We never thought that i just wanted to get into the car not start it.

When those keys dropped down that hole.......you talking about a deer in the head lights look. Took a second to say...... oh man im Scre***.

Dew

Look on the bright side; if your new hiding place was even known by a thief, it would take him 3 hours to get in!

One of those days when something simple goes ..... goood ole Murphys law.

Started the day by fighting some swift swells. I think i lost more targets than recovered. After giving it up .... headed for the car with the mumbles. I have a Buick Enclave...... it has a nice spring gas cap which seemed like the perfect place to put the car keys. Sealed inside .... just a small hole for the cap connector. Wellllll ...... Murphys Law says those keys wont go thru that hole.... ya well we all know how that went. So the keys drop down onto the top of the wheel well. The Buick is an awesome made car it seems the bottom is totally SEALED. So they dont drop to the ground youd have to remove the wheel wells or under plating. Wonderful!

Finally found a cop .... who couldnt help except to let me make a call to someone who of course wasnt home. Finally found someone with a pair of pliers. The plastic inside the cap had 3 bolts which took forever to remove then it still didnt come off.... finally figured out the clips and could barely get the hand in there. Lucky they didnt drop all the way down. Only 3 hours later...... but it sure makes you wonder about your hiding places.:laughing:

Anyone ever have ONE OF THOSE DAYSS?

Never fails,:wow: I get one key made & wear on a lanyard or a water proof box around my neck.
Seems to work good for me. Knew a club member in NY came back from hunting & the car was gone. Now that SUCKS :shock:

Back
Top Bottom