Finds for 9-28-13 ... just clad ...

Hellbender

I went to a small patch of woods that sits in the far Northwest corner of our local park today ... only got some clad (quarter, dime, two copper pennies and two zinc), the shotgun shell butts are at least interesting in that they have different stampings on them ... I might start saving them just to see how many different combinations of brands and gauges I can get.

15962_416943341745166_1358171495_n.jpg

Congrats on the great finds! I would love to know what the headstamps read. Shotshell heads are without a doubt my favorite thing to find. It can be addicting attempting to see just how many different lines and varieties you can get...trust me! :cool:

Doug

Hey there Doug ... and thanks ... we are practically neighbors. Baxter County, Arkansas here ... Mountain Home to be exact. I will see if I can get the stampings off the shells and post 'em. My eyes aren't what they used to be. LOL. Gotta get a magnifier.

Paul

Nice finds. I enjoy finding the shell brass too. Sometimes it blows my mind to think the area I'm detecting was once someones hunting grounds. I save mine as sort of a side collection. Its all good. GL and HH. Matt

Back
Top Bottom