Deus users,, answer me this

71duster

Just to start, I'm not trying to stir the pot, I sincerely want to know these things cause I wanted to give it a try but common sense telling me no. First and biggest question is they say you have to use headphones on starter bundle, aside from the fact that headphones look like they belong in a little French girls flower basket (they look kinda weak)I don't use headphones cause I need to know my surroundings. So my biggest question is on the starter bundle it has an 1/8 in jack for wired headphones, how come I cant use something like the JBL micro speaker and plug it into ws4???? I would be willing to try it cause your still in the 700 range. but when you start adding options to make it usable your into the minelab 3030 range. Their ad says its the last detector you buy then just upgrade your parts, but what it looks like is anytime you upgrade your missing out on another detector to try,, If you have to replace a pole cost = new Mojave,,, get a coil for xp cost new ATP,, get a screen for xp cost new F75 and so on. Anyway if someone could answer the speaker question I would be grateful Ive read a ton of tech and overviews but they only seem to want to talk bout wireless system and how to waste $$$. I want to give it a chance but not at the price of something like an etrac or atx which I know I like!! Again I'm not tearing on the model, I am impressed with it finds, and want to give it a fair shake but cant wrap my head around things that don't make sense thanks guys!!

For right around 1k new you can get the Deus with the remote which has the internal speaker you can use without headphones if you don't like them. Used you could probably get it for around 800 without the ws4 or ws5.

I'd suggest skipping the starter bundle and getting the package with the remote but without the wireless headphones. That's what I did.

Honestly I don't see much need for the wireless headphones since you can detach the remote, plug in the included wired headphones, and then just stick the remote on your belt, your wrist, or in your pocket. You wont be tethered to the machine.. Its basically the same way the wireless module works on the CTX.

This way you get all the functionality of the remote, and you have the choice of mounting it on the shaft and listening through the built in speaker, or using the remote as a wireless module as I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Deus package don't cost what a CTX does I don't think.

I highly recommend getting a remote,,,you can run wired headphones using remote.

As far as Deus dependability,,,,I keep close tabs on folks on forums,,,extremely few problems noted. I have seen one pole broke,,,a couple remote ps with problems,,a coil or 2.

Probably one of the most dependable out there,,,,has the longest warranty,,is transferrable.

Using Deus,,,user needs remote to get the most out of detector.

To buy without,,and add later,,,,will cost you big bucks.

Buy a used one with some warranty left,,,a Deus with remote only package if you can.

You'll have to decide on what size coil you need.

As far as the batteries go,,,,IMO if bought new,,,a person could use the daylights out of one for 3 years,,that's a person who hunts almost daily hours on end.

You start hunting trashier sites,,,sites with gobs of nails,,,remote will help you.
Bottle cap ID,,again remote will help you.

There are some good ones I've seen sell used for very reasonable prices.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Like tnsharpshooter says you need the remote if you truly want to unlock its capabilities and see what the "fuss" is all about. Your not going to get that with just the puck and stock programs.

THANK YOU GUYS!!! I know some things didn't make sense,, let me explain, when I'm iffy on a purchase I dig hard go back and fourth and so on,, anyway I knew I wasn't willing to commit same price as minelab fbs detector (cause I know I want one no second guess) but I was curious about the tech so I figured a starter bundle with speaker would let me do that, I just couldn't find any info on that, when I called 2 shops and emailed deus everyone went straight to the "buy the lcd" answer which frustrated me cause didn't make sense,,, thank u detecting mo for the answer!!! I will be trying this thank you

Back
Top Bottom