AT Pro Sniper vs. 5x8 DD

I have had no desire to but a sniper coil because I have done well with the 5x8 in trashy areas. Most targets I find are 4 inches, but I have found some as deep as 8".
Takes practice, but with the DD you can rotate around multiple targets and pick out the good ones often.

The average depth I have seen/heard of for the sniper is 4". NEL makes one that may get a little more.

The 5 X 8 is about 2x deeper-but they are entirely diffrent coils

And the little hockey puck is great at micro gold and along fence lines I do not know of a better coil.

Whereas the 5 x 8 has a very good response on smalls-the sniper coil gets things like broken rings & chains that won't emit a peep on the standard coils.

And of course it is a concentric so it does bottle cap remains & rusty stuff even better than a DD variety.

But for depth-no doubt the sniper is far behind. IMHO the AT can be used with a larger coil & still snipe well using the edge of the DD as needed. Better depth is a bonus. My standard go to coil is the NEL Tornado.

But it is lacking in mineralized soil on silver-fact. Need multi frequency to do better. But for gold & low range conductors it has no equal in my Oregon soil.

Thanks for all the info. Really helpful stuff. So we'll say the sniper maxes out at 4 inches? What about the small DD or the NEL?

What about the small DD or the NEL?
I've retired the sniper and 8" coils for now and only use the NEL Sharpshooter. Depth varies on what's down there, 4 to 6" is about normal. With my F2 the DD takes care of the ground balance issue, covers more ground with way better separation and discrimination. Depth is fine for me, I don't carry a shovel.

Thanks for all the info. Really helpful stuff. So we'll say the sniper maxes out at 4 inches? What about the small DD or the NEL?

Many claim the sniper for the ace 250 maxes out around 4 inches but with the one I had 6" finds were common , you just have to be literally right on top of the target with the target exactly in the middle in order for it to hit on a target that deep....because of the shape of the detection field.

Back
Top Bottom