The old one shot

Oldsjunkie

Forum Supporter
The small local park near me netted an 1891 seated dime on my first day there, and nothing else except one 50s wheat in over 80 hours there...:roll: (clad and modern drops of course).

Went to another even smaller park in town in the area where activity began in the town. Knew there was a house on the site and a business or two in the 1870s. The dirt has been moved all around over the years.

No coins older than 1972. Nothing was coming up that was old at all and I was getting ready to go knock a door or two when an OLD freaking flat button with full shank pops up...well, can't leave now...:grin:

Nothing else of note came up really. Baseball cap or coin of some sort and a heart button. Pulled one wheat (1947) and the kiddie jewelry with the 4th kiddie ring of the year out of my neighbor's yard. This one has a ship sailing away on it. I don't get to hunt much during exterior painting season so I combine a few short hunts in my meager posts lately...:no:

$2.94 clad and a Costa Rican 100 Colones...

"BEST TREBLE" and "SUPERIOR FINISH" with two stars on the old flattie.

So it seems my parks give up one goodie and you're out! Picture of the seated from the other park in 2012 just for fun!

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 331
  • flat back.jpg
    flat back.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 325
  • flat front.jpg
    flat front.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 320
  • flat shank.jpg
    flat shank.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 315
Nice finds! That seated is sweet!

Thanks WyoTom! I keep going back to that park looking for her sisters, but alas none have shown their shiny faces yet...;)

Great hunt! That button is a nice oldie! Awesome job!

Appreciate it Cellr! The town was founded in 1837 with folks showing up around 1818 or so, which puts this old English flattie right in that founding period I figure.

Your quest for a mate to the Seated is admirable Chris. Maybe one day it will happen. This is not a failure on your part as you have made the effort and spent the time needed to achieve your goal. It just may not be there. Congrats on the old button. In finding such a piece of local history that reminds and attaches us to the times past and somewhat forgotten. That is a true treasure. Trapper

Way to grind them out Olds đź‘Ť
Congradulations on the seated ! Amaizing looking coin . I hope someday to find one myself .
Love the photos of all the saves and it's good to see you getting out .
We save em one at a time buddy .
At the end of the year you can spread it all on the table and blow us away.

These days it's pretty hard to find a spot you can go on a good run .
Keep filling that clad jar along the way.
HH ,
Dew

Last edited:
Just so you know I have been out doing some short hunts in my normal fashion Chris. Haven't had a big week or posting finds but grabbing a couple here and there. Little victories.
Though nothing like your beutiful seated hers a couple from last night .
Nice clean O mint on the barb.
Good luck buddy đź‘Ť
, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 126
Your quest for a mate to the Seated is admirable Chris. Maybe one day it will happen. This is not a failure on your part as you have made the effort and spent the time needed to achieve your goal. It just may not be there. Congrats on the old button. In finding such a piece of local history that reminds and attaches us to the times past and somewhat forgotten. That is a true treasure. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I'm nothing if not stubborn! Being that my family has been here in town since the 1860s, it's always cool hunting the grounds my forefathers lived and worked.

Way to grind them out Olds đź‘Ť
Congradulations on the seated ! Amaizing looking coin . I hope someday to find one myself .
Love the photos of all the saves and it's good to see you getting out .
We save em one at a time buddy .
At the end of the year you can spread it all on the table and blow us away.

These days it's pretty hard to find a spot you can go on a good run .
Keep filling that clad jar along the way.
HH ,
Dew

Just so you know I have been out doing some short hunts in my normal fashion Chris. Haven't had a big week or posting finds but grabbing a couple here and there. Little victories.
Though nothing like your beutiful seated hers a couple from last night .
Nice clean O mint on the barb.
Good luck buddy đź‘Ť
, Dew

Nice saves Brad! Nothing like Barbers and Injuns to brighten a guy's week! I picked up an 8X6 SEF coil for the MXT All Pro off a great member here and am making myself take 2 whole days off work! No estimates, customer calls or putting out fires! I intend to test this coil thoroughly if the weather permits. I can already tell with a short test in my yard that it is nearly impervious to EMI and can run a fair bit hotter than the D2 without getting extremely chatty.

Keep rescuing those beauties! :aok:

Back
Top Bottom