• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Pissed of the teller

Yousername

Elite Member
Been doing CRH for a week or so, going in the bank to exchange the dimes and or halves I got an hour ago or the day before, seemed like today I finally pissed of one of the tellers by doing this, she said it was ok what I was doing just had to let them know in advance. But the way she said it and her tone you could tell she was kinda a little really pissed off.

A friend of mine is a teller. They despise Coin Role Hunters. Scum of the earth I think she said they call CRH'ers. That's why I won't ever CRH.

A friend of mine is a teller. They despise Coin Role Hunters. Scum of the earth I think she said they call CRH'ers. That's why I won't ever CRH.

I really don't see the big problem.

i bring in cash>get coin(they're a bank, they have !!!! tons of money)>i dont find anything worth keeping>rinse>repeat

it takes what maybe a max of 1 minute to throw the coin into the counter, then grab another few rolls of coin, not really that difficult I dont see the big problem.

Banks don't make any money off coin roll hunting, but they do pick up the cost of handling, and re-handling those coins. They pay a fee for those boxes, and need to have enough on hand to service commercial customers, which contribute greatly to their profits. There are usually just enough tellers, to keep customers moving, most don't have a whole lot of time to stand in line. One roll hunter, occasionally, isn't a big deal. Several, on a regular basis, would be annoying, and disruptive.

If there was a bakery, which put out free samples, but found that their store was mostly crowded with people snacking on the freebies, to the point where paying customers could hardly make purchases. do you think they would continue putting out the free samples? Some people just take one. Others take a whole plate...

Banks are a business, coin rolls are mostly for commercial customers, who pay fees for many other services. Coin roll hunters take advantage of a courtesy service, which costs the bank money, which they don't recover. A fun hobby for some, which others get to pick up the tab for...

Then they need to get a different job or learn to just do the one they have with a smile. Other than a person who orders boxes of halves and then does not pick them up I do not see how it would be a problem for a teller to get uppidy about. They get paid to do a job, they should do it no matter what it is. I wish they had to do MY job for a day. :lol:

Banks are a business, coin rolls are mostly for commercial customers, who pay fees for many other services. Coin roll hunters take advantage of a courtesy service, which costs the bank money, which they don't recover. A fun hobby for some, which others get to pick up the tab for...

Sorry Harvey, gotta throw the BS flag on this one. Those same banks don't mind hammering me with a $30 fee for an overdraft if I screw up. I don't mind costing them .20 for a minute of their time! :D There are at least 6 banks in our town of about 25000. If they want my business and that of all the folks I may influence then they darn well better smile and say "Thank you Mr. Meeks" when I CRH. Just sayin...:money::money::money:

Been doing CRH for a week or so, going in the bank to exchange the dimes and or halves I got an hour ago or the day before, seemed like today I finally pissed of one of the tellers by doing this, she said it was ok what I was doing just had to let them know in advance. But the way she said it and her tone you could tell she was kinda a little really pissed off.

I turned in like 80.00 in $1.00 Ikes, and the teller next to the one that was attending me, had 8 morgans dollars. She would not part with them. She said those are their "perks".. Really.. She said a customer came in with them and she purchased them. Nice Perk..

Banks and Bankers are the biggest thieves there are. Next time complain to the manager that the teller was rude.

Banks don't make any money off coin roll hunting, but they do pick up the cost of handling, and re-handling those coins. They pay a fee for those boxes, and need to have enough on hand to service commercial customers, which contribute greatly to their profits. There are usually just enough tellers, to keep customers moving, most don't have a whole lot of time to stand in line. One roll hunter, occasionally, isn't a big deal. Several, on a regular basis, would be annoying, and disruptive.

If there was a bakery, which put out free samples, but found that their store was mostly crowded with people snacking on the freebies, to the point where paying customers could hardly make purchases. do you think they would continue putting out the free samples? Some people just take one. Others take a whole plate...

I agree with the above, and the other problem is that it's bad form to take the coins back to the same bank, if that's what the OP was doing..

With all due respect, if I lived worrying about what others think of me, I would never leave my front door. I just couldn't handle a teller thinking less of me. May as well end it all right now.

Best to get the coins from one branch. Then deposit them at another branch. If you get too many ticked at the branch you pick them up at, they can always just say they don't have any rolls for you. One of my banks pissed me off i use when my dad passed away. They tried to tell me they no longer did trust accounts. So i couldn't set an account up. It's a military bank, and my dad was a decorated war veteran who served 30 years. I went to another branch and they set it up with no problem. So the one who lied to me gets all my cruddy beach clad. And i don't care how ticked they get. :lol:

Best to get the coins from one branch. Then deposit them at another branch. If you get too many ticked at the branch you pick them up at, they can always just say they don't have any rolls for you. One of my banks pissed me off i use when my dad passed away. They tried to tell me they no longer did trust accounts. So i couldn't set an account up. It's a military bank, and my dad was a decorated war veteran who served 30 years. I went to another branch and they set it up with no problem. So the one who lied to me gets all my cruddy beach clad. And i don't care how ticked they get. :lol:

Awesome!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I really don't see the big problem.

i bring in cash>get coin(they're a bank, they have !!!! tons of money)>i dont find anything worth keeping>rinse>repeat

it takes what maybe a max of 1 minute to throw the coin into the counter, then grab another few rolls of coin, not really that difficult I dont see the big problem.

That's the big problem. Your repeat business.

Pick up at one, dump at the other. Don't s*** where you eat.

Basically you're creating more work for them. You go in, take your coins, theoretically profit off of the searching, and return the coins, expecting them to be happy about it and give you more to repeat. No one wants to do extra work for nothing that will profit other people.

I'd just turn that place into a dump bank now that you've made them mad, and find another branch to get coins from.

They aren't going to want to help you, and may cut you off, or complain to regional/corporate and set up an anti CRH policy.

Dumping where you pick up, dumping in large quantities, and raising complaints with the manager about a transaction that the bank does NOT need to fulfill and loses them money are all quick ways to hurt you and other CRHers.

Regardless of what you believe, a bank doesn't have to do everything you want them to, it's a business. If they lose money, they'll stop dealing with you eventually.

at my bank I'M the customer...and the customer is ALWAYS right

Yea, good luck with that.

Never, in the history of banking, has a bank ever stopped providing a service that was costing them money with no potential for return.

And moving your account really won't hurt in the long run. Once someone threatens to close an account to get what they want, that's pretty much the last card to play.

You catch more flies with honey. You have to understand the system and work within it. Be lucky they're not charging you fees to pick up and dump large amounts of coin, because that's happening. And it will spread if there is bad CRHing practices and the banks get fed up.

Back
Top Bottom