Weight Loss Challenge

Buffalo meat is really good for you compared to other meats.

If you take Choice Beef, select Beef, Skinless Chicken, Pork, Salmon and Buffalo meats and compared the nutritional value of a 100 gram serving...

Fat
Buffalo: 2.42
Beef (choice): 10.15
Beef (Select): 8.09
Pork: 9.66
Chicken: 7.41
Salmon: 10.97

Calories
Buffalo: 143
Beef (choice): 219
Beef (Select): 201
Pork: 212
Chicken: 190
Salmon: 216

Cholesterol
Buffalo: 82
Beef (choice): 86
Beef (Select): 86
Pork: 86
Chicken: 89
Salmon: 87

Buffalo meat is also the highest in Iron and second higest in vitamin B12 (after Salmon)

Yes it is more expensive and the reason is it isnt mass produced, which is a good thing. Buffalo are usually just left alone to graze in a field somewhere and arent bothered with chemicals and hormones.

Vex thanks for the reply.Buffalo still looks high in Cholesterol though.:?:

Well, it does, but by the numbers, if you are going to eat any of these meats, the buffola has the lowest.

Choose the lesser evil right?

Protien is good!!

plus not all cholesterol is bad

and realistically, cholesterol itself isn't bad in moderation

Sorry for the delay on getting this out. We had some bad weather roll through here and had to rush this morning getting the kids ready (with schools closed) and then me off to work.

I am happy to report that EVERYONE IS NOW LOSING WEIGHT!!

Week2Results.jpg

Hmmmmm.....I don't understand why I keep dropping in the percentage race.:mad: Seems I lost a few spots each week while some way smaller than I have climbed.:?: Reckon a change is in order. For some reason my body just aint burning like it should. Hour cardio daily, double sessions on my days off and still barely making a dent. Oh well, at least any loss is still a victory. Good luck to all and whatever it is your all doing, keep doing it. ;) Here's to next weeks weigh in. :cool:

I finally joined the gym. I just got back from my second workout. Its time for me to get serious now! Good Luck to everyone.:yes:

Did great this week in spite of, or because, I ate Tiramisu the other night. Once in a while a splurge is nice!

My weight is in for the week but I am thinking about quiting. The first week I gained a few pounds, the second week I lost those pounds and this week I gained them all back. :( I am very frustrated and disappointed. :mad: This week I made some changes like dropping the Pepsi and drinking more water but it seems to have backfired on me. I know at this point I am never going to leave the bottom of the list and I have no chance at winning this thing. Very upset with myself right now. :(

My weight is in for the week but I am thinking about quiting. The first week I gained a few pounds, the second week I lost those pounds and this week I gained them all back. :( I am very frustrated and disappointed. :mad: This week I made some changes like dropping the Pepsi and drinking more water but it seems to have backfired on me. I know at this point I am never going to leave the bottom of the list and I have no chance at winning this thing. Very upset with myself right now. :(

I feel your frustration. I've lost one pound since it started, but I'm sticking in it. I find it difficult lose weight when the weather is cold (in my world, that means below 70 degrees :lol:). The body wants food when it is cold. I'm hoping I do better when it warms up. I lost 40 pounds last summer, only to gain 8 of them back over the winter. Hang in there, I'm gonna.

Back
Top Bottom