Here is a tip

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
This week my Beach Hunter "ID" started acting up. Volume was off wouldn't discriminate ond would not ground balance. To make a long story short, when you take delivery of a new machine, take a picture of it after you open the boxcover, jussst in case you might have to send it off for repairs. Trying to put the pieces back into the original shipping box was a nightmare:no: . I found a spot for most of the parts, except the control box. It was three years since i took it out of the box like a little kid opening a present. I saved the box in the shed for all the good it did. I could have shipped it back in a cardboard box with a lot of bubble wrap....:roll: ......Gil

That's so funny that you brought this up. I had to send my detector back for repairs and I had a hard time getting in to fit correctly in the box. I was thinking this morning that when I get it back next week I need to take a picture of it in the box so if I ever have to send it back, I'll know how to fit everything in. I guess great minds think alike. :D

The digital camera era is great. I have folders full of pictures that I have taken of various assemblies at each stage of disassembly. Real nice when that stupid little spring won't go back in the way it obviously should ;)

Back
Top Bottom