Ace 150 vs Ace 250 locating abilities?

Spookydad

Obviously there are considerable differences in the display functions between the 150 and 250. The 250 has a pinpoint mode can also discriminate a bit more.

My question is the locating ability any different? If you searched in all metal mode with both detectors and just listened to the tones, would you find the same things in the ground?

Since I've never owned a 150 I can't give you a good answer, but I do think you'd be digging a lot more trash with the 150 than you would with the 250.

I have had both the Ace 150 & the 250 and I would say that the 150 in all metal mode would find everything that the 250 would. But of course I could be wrong - it has happened one other time in my 46 years of existance :lol: . But for the extra 50 or 60 dollars the 250 is the way to go. In all honesty the 250 is worth way more than 50 or 60 dollars over the 150 but don't tell Garrett that (they might raise the price). Steve...

I have talked to the dealer and he has graciously agreed to let me upgrade to the 250. So I am going to pay the difference. Hopefully the 250 will suffice for now.

SpookyDad

I have talked to the dealer and he has graciously agreed to let me upgrade to the 250. So I am going to pay the difference. Hopefully the 250 will suffice for now.

SpookyDad
That's great, the 150 is a nice little machine but it is night & day between the 150 and the 250. The 250 will do a nice job for you and you will enjoy it. If it gets a bit "noisey" back down the sensitivity on it - it is a sensitive unit. Steve.

Back
Top Bottom