more Coinstar silver.

rustyk1

Elite Member
This one has me perplexed....Stopped into the local Food Lion, checked the reject bin and nada, nothing, zip, but there were a couple of coins on the small shelf (I guess you would call it that) near the coin tray. couple of freebies are worth grabbing, 16 cents in three coins and it just so happens that the dime is a 1962 rosey! That means someone probably removed it from the reject bin and placed it on the shelf, then just left it there. I'm not complaining mind you, but it is just weird.:shrug:

Congrats on the sweet coinstar silver! :woot:

... That means someone probably removed it from the reject bin and placed it on the shelf, then just left it there.:shrug:

I have had similar experience with that as well. I have thought that perhaps people think if the coinstar doesn't want it, they shouldn't either because it "probably isn't spendable". :?: But that is just a guess, and whatever the reason, it's a good thing for us! :lol:

Congrats on the silver !!!! :thumbsup:

I've had a similar thing happen once too of coins left on the Coinstar ledge, only no silver, but what I assume was just VERY gunky Zincolns, so gunky I just put them in a baggie for now till I clean them. :lol:

Nice work! I will run my hand around the dump tray to see if there’s anything lingering. Hoping to find a gold ring some day :lol: been a hard year for coinstar’ing compared to last year! People are learning!

Thanks guys, love the free silver, got 11 silvers this year, 8 dimes including one Merc, 1 GW 1934, and 1 war nickel. They all add up and I love them!

This one has me perplexed....Stopped into the local Food Lion, checked the reject bin and nada, nothing, zip, but there were a couple of coins on the small shelf (I guess you would call it that) near the coin tray. couple of freebies are worth grabbing, 16 cents in three coins and it just so happens that the dime is a 1962 rosey! That means someone probably removed it from the reject bin and placed it on the shelf, then just left it there. I'm not complaining mind you, but it is just weird.:shrug:

when I find coins in a Coinstar reject tray I put them up on the shelf and look thru them. leave all modern clad and take silver and wheats and strange coins. I don't think I could leave a silver dime.

Back
Top Bottom