• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Curse of Oak Island

yooper69

Elite Member
How many will be watching this year? Will they find a treasure of any REAL value this year ? I’m sure Mud will be watching just to see if Rick has broken out the weed wacker and trimmed his eyebrows :laughing: Will Gary find anything with his ctx. My season is over until spring. Our first snow of the year dumped close to 2 feet in my area :( Well I will be watching this year along with Gold Rush and get my detecting excitement from all of you . Hope all of you find your bucket listers and have a great time. Be safe and pleas post a lot of pics . Thanks for reading.

I think they buried some gold during the off season.. that is what the teasers show anyway... I rather watch water drip off the roof than waste my time with that garbage. :D

I'll be watching it too,
There might be one or two huntable days left around here
if the temps get back up above freezing...?
The off season includes Research and entertainment,
watching Choke island,
(I wonder if Gary Draton makes the switch to the Nox?)
here on the forum's "CHAT" feature is a good time on Tuesday nights,
while choke island is on...:laughing::laughing:

I think there are hints this year that they find a piece that came off the shroud of turin... which will only ad to the mystery of the island that much more.

I thought the show might have gotten interesting when it first started, but have found Coooper's Treasure and TreasureQuest (the one in South America) much more watchable. At the very least, the other two shows don't feel like they're drenched in marketing.

If they were to find something significant we would have heard already. Remember that these shows are pretty much scripted, so a planted item here and there would be likely.

They called Geraldo Reveria when they discover Al Vault!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I think there are hints this year that they find a piece that came off the shroud of turin... which will only ad to the mystery of the island that much more.

I thought the show might have gotten interesting when it first started, but have found Coooper's Treasure and TreasureQuest (the one in South America) much more watchable. At the very least, the other two shows don't feel like they're drenched in marketing.

Love the Coopers Treasure show to. When is that coming back on?

I'll be watching it too,
There might be one or two huntable days left around here
if the temps get back up above freezing...?
The off season includes Research and entertainment,
watching Choke island,
(I wonder if Gary Draton makes the switch to the Nox?)
here on the forum's "CHAT" feature is a good time on Tuesday nights,
while choke island is on...:laughing::laughing:

Same here I was wondering when and if he would switch. Maybe run the new 15 inch coil.

I will watch that !!!! when they pay me but not until It is a danged reality show that like all reality shows has absolutely nothing to do with reality. those shows are very cheap to make and they make a fortune off them because people are gullible enough to watch them.

I saw last night's episode and I just want to know how a metal detector found a gem.

Maybe a MD can find them ?

Those guys hit the jackpot early on with a thing called "syndication", that show is comparable with click-bait...I gave up watching that show long ago...and funny, seems the plot line is exactly where I left off even now...imagine that.

They are doing it all wrong, need to get Ringy and KG out there swinging from a few trees and rolling in the mud. That's the only way they will find it. I cut the cable 2 years ago, couldn't watch it even if I wanted to, which I dont.

I find it to be harmless entertainment.. It is a good way to kill an hour.. not sure why people are so critical.. Not enough good treasure shows on these days.. sure beets dancing with the stars :laughing:

I saw last night's episode and I just want to know how a metal detector found a gem.

Maybe a MD can find them ?

You mean your machine can't find gems? You just have to let go some of that money and get a high class machine. But I warn you, to get a machine that finds diamonds costs a whole lot of money.:roll:

I think they buried some gold during the off season.. that is what the teasers show anyway... I rather watch water drip off the roof than waste my time with that garbage. :D

I think someone made a 24-hour movie watching paint dry just to submit it to the ratings board and make them watch and give it a rating.

I watched a little bit of that Oak Island show, and they found a spanish copper coin. It was one of those that you can buy in bulk lots for $2/each. That may well have been a plant, for all I know. It was an old coin, but nothing rare or valuable.

-- Tom

Personally I do not like metal detecting shows. I saw part of one of two idiots screaming running and breaking tree limbs after digging a rusty piece of junk. .

A few days later I was detecting a curb strip and two couples came walking down the street. Of course they wanted to know what I was finding etc.

One of the Ladies told me that they owned a one acre lot that according to what they had been able to find out about the property was that confederate soldiers had camped on the property. She then wanted to know if I was interested in Civil War Relics and would I like to detect their lot.

I told her that I would love to be able to detect the property and that is when the husband cleared his throat.

I asked if there was a problem and his reply was I saw that show (referring to the one with the two idiots) and No One who acts like that is welcome on My property.

I did my utmost to try to convince that we do not all act like those two and that we always try to leave ones property in as good as condition and when we walked onto the property;

He was not swayed so I apologized for all of us who detect and had been shown in a terrible light by those on that Reality Show.

So I lost the possibility of having a good relic hunt. Because people who do not detect watch those shows.

I see some don’t care for the show and I will admit it is dragging on and is very questionable. But here in my area the snow is to deep to detect and will be for another 4-6 months so I will continue to watch mainly to pass the time and the hope of some kind of treasure to be found. It would be nice to have more treasure type shows to choose from on tv . Besides still waiting for rick to either braid his eyebrows of cut the dam things:laughing:

Love the Coopers Treasure show to. When is that coming back on?

Not sure. I was just glad it didn't get canned after the first mini-season. The only thing I can imagine the show trying market is getting investors for their treasure hunts. Not like the other ones trying to market metal detectors/detecting. But I'll put my foot in my mouth if they start advertising private flights to space for long range treasure locating in future episodes...

Back
Top Bottom