OBX Beach Hunt yields mainly "Clad", but a okay Hunt !

Reef Runner

Forum Supporter
Back at OBX for the week, so I decided to take the AT Pro out for a stroll on the beach. Didn't find anything spectacular, but still, not a bad hunt......

image3 (640x480).jpg

25 pennys
6 nickels
17 dimes
28 quarters

76 coins ($9.25)

Don't you just love it, when the quarter count beats out the coppers !!
:D

Last edited:
Nice! We leave for there in a little over a week and are staying in the northern part of Nags Head. Where did you mainly hunt with your AT Pro? I have the same detector. Any tips/ tricks you found you needed to do to set it up properly? Thanks!

Nice! We leave for there in a little over a week and are staying in the northern part of Nags Head. Where did you mainly hunt with your AT Pro? I have the same detector. Any tips/ tricks you found you needed to do to set it up properly? Thanks!

No particular place, mainly dry sand along the towel / blanket line.

As for set- up, I run Pro Custom, 35 iron discrimination, nothing notched out, next to the highest sensitivity setting, oh, and ground balance often. Probably not the optimum, but it works just fine for me (I'm sure other's will have other opinions). When you get a questionable signal (sounds good but not truly clear, or maybe just a bit ragged), hit the iron audio and listen for a rumble tone as you sweep across the target area. If it rumbles, I usually pass. It's normally one of those pesky bottle tops. Try that before you leave home. It'll help once you hit the beach.

On second thought, forget that last part. Dig those tops, so I won't have to contend with them next trip.:lol::lol:

Good luck.....:cool:

On second thought, forget that last part. Dig those tops, so I won't have to contend with them next trip.:lol::lol:

Good luck.....:cool:[/QUOTE]

I wish someone would clear my beaches of those danged things. All three beaches claim that they are alcohol free. Up to a $1050 fine but there are hundreds of beer bottle caps to be found.

I wish someone would clear my beaches of those danged things. All three beaches claim that they are alcohol free. Up to a $1050 fine but there are hundreds of beer bottle caps to be found.

They are probably left from back before the "ban", or maybe from last NIGHT !

Believe me, I feel your pain...

Hey I found the exact same um, thingy in the middle there, last week and put it in the recycle bin at the beach by mistake :)

Hey I found the exact same um, thingy in the middle there, last week and put it in the recycle bin at the beach by mistake :)

Well isn't that supposed to be good for your eyes, or eyesight, or something? You're an optometris or optamologist, or something like that, right ? (sorry about the spelling). You should know :?:

Last 2016 Beach Hunt - decent hunt !

And another decent hunt this morning (Thursday)......Looks like Hermine is going to take over the weather, beginning tonight, so this is probably my last Beach Hunt, for 2016 ! :(

10 pennys
3 nickels
5 dimes
14 quarters

32 coins ($4.25)

Again,
Don't you just love it, when that quarter count beats out those coppers !!

:D:D:D

Final Tally

Okay, here is my final tally from OBX, before getting run off by Hermine..........:(

Total 1 (640x480).jpg

37 pennys
9 nickels
22 dimes
44 quarters

112 coins ($14.02)

All in all, a good week, just nothing gold or silver !
:(

Sad News !

It's good to be back home, safe and sound. I suppose we made a good call, to leave on Friday morning, rather than waiting till Saturday. Some people ended up confined to their cars for up to 8 hours (Saturday), before even beginning their journey home. A deadly, wind related accident, blocked one of the main arteries off of the Outer Banks. Very unfortunately, a truck driver lost his life, as his big rig was overturned on a major bridge (Hwy 64) over the Alligator River, due to gusts which reached well over 100 mph.

Our prayers go to his family :(. Such a tragedy !

Back
Top Bottom