Great Day to be Out with my Son

Buellride

Forum Supporter
So headed back to the same beach that has rewarded me with gold, silver and most recently a 3 "junk" ring day (last weekend). Again I took my son who is about to go to Special Forces training in Key West for the Combat Divers Qualification Course (CDQC). He worked on his diving and breathing techniques while I hunted the underwater slope that has given up rings over the last few visits.

Today I was skunked so I came up and caught my son's eye. Asked him if he was OK and then said "Hey you want to take my SNUBA down and mess around?" he said "Yes" and I asked "Do you want to take the Excal as well?". He said SURE so I gave him a very quick lesson on the tones he should look for (had plenty of beaver tails and bottle tops) and off he went. In less than 2 minutes he was down at least 10 feet and hovering down there (I could tell by the location of the bubbles). He messed around for another few minutes and when he came up I asked him...

"So how many rings did you find?" :laughing::laughing:Laughing as I said it....he gave me a disappointed look and said. "I ONLY found 1 ring Dad!"....:wow::wow::wow: WHAT REALLY!!!

It was junker Titanium ring but a ring nonetheless....AWESOME time and find for my son!! He loved seeing it in the sand underwater ….initially thought it was the end of a pipe....

It is a size 11 and it FITS!!!

Attachments

• PJ Ring.jpg
    PJ Ring.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 508
  • PJ Ring Find.jpg
    PJ Ring Find.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 506
Nice! I keep asking my kids if they want to go and I get the stink-eye.

So... his first ring?

R5

Nice! I keep asking my kids if they want to go and I get the stink-eye.

So... his first ring?

R5

Yea, first ring, only the second time he has touched a metal detector. Last time was a land hunt in Hawaii....he found a Merc back then...now his first ring...I am very proud of my 19 year old....:D:D

When he gets to Key West maybe he can do little diving with the Mel Fisher treasure salvors.

I'm proud of him too. Special forces takes a special person. Best of luck to him!

R5

Good Work Dad! Thats a fine looking Son you have yourself there!...Who knows how this experience with Metal Detecting underwater will serve him in his future? A guy can imagine all sorts of important things...

I'm proud of him too. Special forces takes a special person. Best of luck to him!

R5

Thank you Raider

Good Work Dad! Thats a fine looking Son you have yourself there!...Who knows how this experience with Metal Detecting underwater will serve him in his future? A guy can imagine all sorts of important things...

Maybe... He has always loved the water. In many ways he followed my swimming career.

First ring in only a few minutes, that's awesome! Good luck to him in his combat diving course and thanks for protecting America!

TY

Titanium, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, gold, silver....they're all rings...and all great finds.

True That

Nice to spend quality time with your son. From a old 278th Armored Calvary guy, Thank you for your outstanding service. I know you are a proud Dad!

Thank you and THANK YOU for your service!

Spittin' image of his dad, good looking kid Col.
The stories he will tell...

He still tells more stories about Hawaii than he will ever about me...:laughing:. Thank you Aqua, I am hoping to get back over to the island to check on the house at some point. :D

Very cool ring and family adventure! Nice job Paul! đź‘Ť

TY Kevin...good luck today! I am going back out (sans my son) this morning.

That's awesome!

TY

The best of times come from shared memories with those you are closest too. Congrats on a cherished memory you will hold for ever and never forget. Trapper

Good times

Paul congrats on the father , and son hunt, he's hooked now after finding the ring , i foresee a Equinox 800, as a nice Christmas present , and a hunting partner for life , great job bro., happy hunting , Earl :detector: Dad look at this ring i found :detector::dingding:

Back
Top Bottom