• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Do You Think This Dime Would Get an Environmental Damage Notation if Graded?

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I dug this. I know it's hard to say just based on pictures, but do you think the dark toning would cause an Environmental Damage Notation from PCGS? The details are really nice. It's a lower mintage. I'm going to send it in to see what happens. What do you think?

Attachments

• 2019-12-22-21-00-23-289.jpg
    2019-12-22-21-00-23-289.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 868
  • 2019-12-22-20-59-58-327.jpg
    2019-12-22-20-59-58-327.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 845
Toning happens in or out of ground, it depends on micro scratches... beautiful coin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much does it cost to send it in? I’d guess 10-15$ value, due to all the hairline scratches on the obverse (great pics btw)
You’ll barely get over scrap without a grade but I think you’ll lose on grading prices

How much does it cost to send it in? I’d guess 10-15$ value, due to all the hairline scratches on the obverse (great pics btw)
You’ll barely get over scrap without a grade but I think you’ll lose on grading prices

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a buddy that sends coins in quite often. If we split the shipping, it costs about 30 bucks to get one graded. I'm more curious than anything else, but if it did grade at XF45 it would be worth it. Just not sure if it will come back with a number grade or noted as Environmental Damaged.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191222-214459_CoinFacts.jpg
    Screenshot_20191222-214459_CoinFacts.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 766
Good luck, there’s obvious environmental damage, my personal opinion is less than the cost to get graded...I’d sell for 16-18$ but I wouldn’t pay more than 8-10.... no offense

Good luck, there’s obvious environmental damage, my personal opinion is less than the cost to get graded...I’d sell for 16-18$ but I wouldn’t pay more than 8-10.... no offense

Thanks for responding. No offense taken in the least. Most the barbers I dig are pretty slick!

Graded or not, the stain near the word "united" will lower the value of this coin whether you sell it privately or to a coin dealer. As it is, you're into it for nothing but if you submit it to a grading service, now you're into it at $30. If it were me, I would save my $30. The coin is a really nice one as it is....IMO not counting the stain it grades XF.

Back
Top Bottom