V3i overloads when using Eclipse Shooter DD 4x6

Crazy Ivan

So, I have a number of coils. The Detech 13”, the factory coil, the White’s 6x10. Each work great. Sometime back I purchased the above mentioned coil off of eBay used and I got an overload. I put the coil to the side and here recently I found another shooter dd at a good price and purchased it. And guess what? Yup. It overloads too.
Now, I’ve tried with the factory programs vs custom and that didn’t help. I was able to drop the sensitivity down to 6 without overload but that’s not a solution. What gives? Any insights?

So, I have a number of coils. The Detech 13”, the factory coil, the White’s 6x10. Each work great. Sometime back I purchased the above mentioned coil off of eBay used and I got an overload. I put the coil to the side and here recently I found another shooter dd at a good price and purchased it. And guess what? Yup. It overloads too.
Now, I’ve tried with the factory programs vs custom and that didn’t help. I was able to drop the sensitivity down to 6 without overload but that’s not a solution. What gives? Any insights?

Hi.
What Martin said can be helpful.

I own a non v-rated eclipse shooter dd that works great.
Now that you own two of the same size try out both in performance.
If both react equal sell one, if one performs better, sell the worse one.
And sell it explicitly for DFX, MXT, MX5 and M6 use.

The most non v-rated coils will fail in 3-frequency mode.
Some can be used without boost, and some can be used
by reducing the gain.

Possibly you can use one in single frequency mode.
It will overload mostly in only one of the three frequencies.
Happened here every time on the 7.5 kHz when I tested different coils,
but can happen to every other frequency too, I guess.
So try out the frequencies and how high you can get the gain
and sell the worse one.

May be there will be a chance to get another one in the future,
but check it first on your detector and then buy it.

And if, what Martin mentioned, it is a v-rated one, give White's Oregon
a call. May be they will take care of you.

Good Luck

The problem I had with the V3 with non V rated coils it would overload and freeze up, making it impossible to make any changes to the settings.

Yeah, I didn’t think of looking to see if it had the V. I had just assumed that Whites markets them for the V3i. The one I recently purchased the seller was kind enough to take it back. Thanx for the info everyone.

Back
Top Bottom