Missouri silver hunting

Kevin3

I’m no professional by any means but I have hunted some really good old homesteads and can’t even get a Rosie LOL. Silver coins must be very scarce in this state Just don’t se many finds from this state I’m just venting. Happy hunting to all

When I lived in Springfield many years ago I met a couple of guys that found lots of coins but they found a niche. They were hunting in creeks and mill ponds where people swam for years. They would find large clumps of coins stuck together. They did really well doing that. One notable find they made was a 3 pound silver nugget. I didn't get to see it but I did see the pic. Now today's detectors are much better than they were in the early 90's so maybe it's time for a return trip.

Cliff

Plugmaster Ford lives in Missouri and finds silver like clad. Do you door knock??? If not your really missing out. You’ll find plenty of silver in yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to feel the same way about Southern Illinois. I would hunt old parks and homesites, and find lots of clad, but no silver. The first "good" coin I found, was an Indian Head in a creek. What I noticed, was I was going very slow in the creek compared to dry land hunting. I started doing that in the parks, going very slow, rescanning every odd chirp from the AT Pro as well. I have only found 16 silvers this year, but I feel like there is a chance every time I go out. Another thing I do is criss cross hunt. There is an abandoned soccer field that I hit goal to goal, and the next time out I went sideline to sideline. (I found a 1940 Merc yesterday doing that.) The merc came up an 82-83 one way, but when I circled it from another angle, it was 78-79. Just some tips that I have picked up through trial and error. Good luck, and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom