Whites Spectrum XLR

SPI Treasure

I bought a Whites Spectrum XLT from a pawn shop few years back, almost gave it to me because it did not work. Took home opened the battery box, had the AA qty 8 holder but all the batteries exploded inside. Looked on the internet could not locate any replacement. Jump several years and now all over can be found. I purchased one installed with new batteries, no not the used ones again, lol tested working fine.

Question, I know there are a lot of old time users of this model, is there anyone that could send me some program settings for coin and jewelry, beach hunting jewelry, and relic hunting. I know the detector comes with pre programmed settings but sure in heavy minerlized black sand i will need to adjust a few settings, would like someone that has tried different settings to help with this. Any help would greatly be appreciated. The detector gods will reward you ten times fold.

SPI Treasure

Got a copy download, thanks, also found instructional video on YouTube, god bless YouTube. where would I be without it? Now I kinda know how to set it up. Went to beach used preset beach mode, was surprised how well it did in heavy sand found several nickels, they could have been a ring. Thanks to every one for help. Ps hope clark your not getting flooded I. Your area stay safe.

My brother has an XLT. Supposedly a great machine, but I never learned how to tame it. Frustrated me with a lot of chatter.
Today, I spotted the local detector shop guy out working the park. I talked with him, and he likes and uses several WHite's machines. He said the XLT is a really great machine when you learn how to set it up and use it. He also said "everybody and their brother are looking for an XLT now" That surprised me, even though I know they have good features and great potential.
Have fun with yours!
I think Jimther runs an XLT.

I came across an old VHS tape in my dad's White's metal detector stuff that explains in detail basic settings and all the pro features and advanced settings of the XLT. I am hoping his Spectrum XLT is still around so I can learn how to use it now. I used a White's 6000 if I remember right many years ago when we all went hunting as a family, but never learned about my dad's XLT back then. I'm sure I will have questions to post once I get it going, and look forward to watching these threads for help.

My brother has an XLT. Supposedly a great machine, but I never learned how to tame it. Frustrated me with a lot of chatter.

I think Jimther runs an XLT.

He sure does.. . and is about to (maybe) buy a used one as a spare... after I look at it and confirm it's the one I want

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom