3 old pennies, new oldest coin FTY!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, now that the temps are starting to cool off, vegetation is starting to die down, and the bugs are easing up, I've been getting out to some colonial spots for a change. Here's the better coin finds, only coin not pictured is an 1882 injun. I just know there's a nice old piece of silver in one of these spots, hoping its a nice flowing hair or something (one can dream right?). I will do a wrap up post of all the relics when I get some time, but lots of heel plates, a few buttons, buckles, lead, etc... The liberty cap is my first, and it looks like a 1795. The draped bust is a 1797 and the hibernia is a 1722, beating out my 1723 Hibernia for oldest FTY. Hoping to get out for a few today, not sure if time will allow though, but until next time, good luck out there, and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 0906191541_Film4.jpg
    0906191541_Film4.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 0916191223_Film4.jpg
    0916191223_Film4.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 0919191347_Film4.jpg
    0919191347_Film4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 0919191347a_Film4.jpg
    0919191347a_Film4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 239
Sweet saves Jeff, congrats. That place holds some more goodies I'm sure. Good luck, Matk

Appreciate it Mark! Love the old pennies, but there just HAS to be a nice old Spanish silver or early American silver out there. I Spend alot of hours out there, and coins are scarce, that's for sure. But when they do show up, they are usually very old, and always a chance at something epic! Good luck out there!

Looks like you had another amazing hunt. Congrats. Hockey season is just around the corner any predictions? Shall we carry over our bet from last year to this year? Or save it until playoffs? HH.GL

Don't think I will ever put a coil over something that old Jeff. Congrats on three very nice recoveries and digging the older Hibernia. Amazing finds! Trapper

I can't even imagine...wow!
I was very excited to find these coins, even in the northeast, draped bust, liberty cap coins are not easy digs. HH
Now they are some oldies for sure. You found some good old dirt to dig in...congrats!
Thanks Jak!
Awesome group of coppers, congrats! You have a nice spot and hopefully some old silver will come out of it.
Appreciate it bud!
Wow, that is some EARLY stuff, great finds and hope you get an early silver!
Thanks so much! :cool3:
Nice oldies Jeff, Congrats!
Thanks Ron! See you in a couple weeks!
Looks like you had another amazing hunt. Congrats. Hockey season is just around the corner any predictions? Shall we carry over our bet from last year to this year? Or save it until playoffs? HH.GL
Bruins are almost the exact same team as a season ago (minus Noel accari). Last year was their year, all the good teams were elimated early. They blew it though, and im not sure they will make it back again this year. Though I have my faith, I'm slowly losing it with this bruins squad. I think I owe you 2 silver washingtons and a mystery surprise? I'm okay with waiting til playoffs, if the Bruins dont make the playoffs, ill send them then. Hows that sound? Or I can send them now either way. Good luck out there bud!
There is a spanish silver somewhere around there just waiting for you. Congrats on the hunt.
I agree, and thanks!
Nice stuff Jeff......hope you get that old silver you mentioned.
Thanks Ed! See you in a couple weeks!
congrats jeff fine hunt
Appreciate that Mark!
Wow, Jeff! Congrats on finding some nice oldies! :cool3:
Thank you Garrett!
Don't think I will ever put a coil over something that old Jeff. Congrats on three very nice recoveries and digging the older Hibernia. Amazing finds! Trapper

Thanks Jack, the old coppers are fun, but it just goes to show you how little people had back then. HH!

1722 Hibernia, really cellrdwellr!

My wife is originally from New England and she's been trying to convince me to move up there for 20 years but I have refused due to the cold weather. I'm starting to seriously reconsidering my refusal.....

Back
Top Bottom