More Finds Today. Probably More Tomorrow

You know what they say.

If at first you don't succeed......................skydiving was not for you.

:laughing::laughing:

No way would I go into a confined space like that! Great job on how you managed that wallet recovery! Did the first wallet owner give you anything?

:laughing::laughing:

No way would I go into a confined space like that! Great job on how you managed that wallet recovery! Did the first wallet owner give you anything?

Not at first. They were at the restaurant when I was there yesterday. They did then. I think I surprised them when I showed up.

There is a second half of that skydiver line. They say it isn't the fall that kills you. You can enjoy that and the scenery. It is the abrupt stop at the end that does you in every time.

...You only live once. Enjoy it and make the best of it. That is what I am doing.

Even though monetary rewards are nice , it's like this : You can never put a price on human relations that come with the helping others type-of-thing. The people you meet, and the friendships formed, are worth more than any ring or rare coin or financial reward can give.

Good on you !

Even though monetary rewards are nice , it's like this : You can never put a price on human relations that come with the helping others type-of-thing. The people you meet, and the friendships formed, are worth more than any ring or rare coin or financial reward can give.

Good on you !

Tom,

You are absolutely right. There is something that happened to me last month I can share. I made enough money to go on my very first cruise. I flew to Puerto Rico and took a 7 day cruise to 5 islands in the Caribbean. The night of the formal dinner I bought my very first pina coloda. I then had some mushroom bisque soup. When the lobster and shrimp came I ate two shrimp. I got major stomach cramps and the next thing I remember is waking up in the ships hospital on the 3rd floor. Dinner was on the 7th. I have NO idea what happened to me. I had passed out completely.

After it was all over and I was fine, I was hit with a 1199.00 and some change bill I wasn't expecting. Then I find out that even though i was on an American ship since I was not on US soil the VA would not cover the cost.

One of my daughters in Utah got online and started a Gofundme page and notified all the groups I am on on Facebook. Within two hours 2 grand was collected to pay that bill. I was absolutely stunned and overwhelmed.

I know for a fact if folks were not reading my stories and seeing what I was doing for others that would have never happened. When you give of yourself many good things can and will happen. I was very blessed.

Today I went into a river to find a canvas piece of a boat top that went for a swim and landed on the bottom. I don't ask for much. I am content with this hobby making my dreams come true. Saturday I will be finding another boat part and a ring lost in wells on lake Erie, almost two hours away from where I live. Life is grand.

.... Within two hours 2 grand was collected to pay that bill.....

Good story. Here's mine:

A connection to my md'ing hobby is museum docent time. One day, an md'ing buddy asked me : "what do you get out of it ?". As if ... he was thinking there was some "back door permissions" that would result from such work. Ie.: as if there has to "be something in it for you", in order to be worthwhile.

To which I replied that any metal detecting "in's" are rare (although there's been a few). But the people relations that result are priceless. For example:

My wife and I were the personal dinner guests at a retired Brain Surgeon's house a few weeks back. He's 93-ish, and was ...as a teenager ... a resistance fighter in the WWII Polish Warsaw uprising. Taken away as prisoner of war to a Nazi concentration camp. Escaped to Switzerland, blah blah. Studied medicine after the war, emigrated here. Retired as probably a multi-millionaire (I guess brain surgeons make good $ ?).

And here we are, sitting with these fellow museum docents, personal guests in their house, hearing history first hand. You just can't put a price on these type of relations, that result from volunteering.

Amazing story on the wallet recovery. I bet very few divers are at this skill and innovation level. Luv the reunion stories !

Tom, Even the Macomb county sheriff dive team thinks I am crazy. Maybe I am!! Failure bothers me.

…….and some people used to think the old "Sea Hunt" TV show had dramatic excitement, you need your own TV show Scuba, maybe a remake of "Sea Hunt" :laughing:

Last edited:
…….and some people used to think the old "Sea Hunt" TV show had dramatic excitement, you need your own TV show Scuba, maybe a remake of "Sea Hunt" :laughing:

Correct. 100 yrs. from now, someone's going to data-mine these forum posts by Scuba, and draft them into a "James Bond" type of "Perry Mason" adventure TV show !

Absolutely no clue what it was. I love shrimp and never had a problem with them or mushrooms. Maybe everything combined didn't want to play together in my stomach.
Different kinds of mushrooms affect people in different ways. Might have been a new variety to you.

Cliff

Man, don't think I could do that. Tight spaces, underwater...….give me the heebie-jeebies...…… :lol:

Back
Top Bottom