Taste of paradise "Big Red"

18kRonin

Forum Supporter

Last couple of hunts at "Big Red"
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=238112

Hunt 12

Taste of paradise? Not really :lol: but after the past two digging frenzies digging deep holes in the wet at another beach "Big Red" was a piece of cake :lol:
Was just great to be back home in the water. Found the surf had died down a lot and more sand pulled from the beach. This time sand had been pulled right out past where I could reach.

Heaps of iron and junk spread out all over the area at the bottom of the slope.
When I got out deeper found big rocks I had never seen before. Had got down to them before but these were now only one scoop down and too big to lift out.
Had to under mine them to move them out of the way to get to targets.

Scored silver and coins right off in that area so into it :lol: kept up a steady swing, dig, pouch for most of the hunt (when I wasn't playing around with big rocks) going over and over the same area.

Felt great! If I didn't have to work later I would have had a long day :lol:
Got a taste of yellow in an old looking silver ring just before I ran out of time.

Got a feeling the next hunt is going to be a long one if the conditions remain the same :lol:
Another layer closer to one of these babies :iwish: :lol:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=220712

Total for the 5.5 hour hunt

A taste of 18K
5-6 pieces o'silver
28 coins

:tropical:

Thanks for viewing
HH&GL

Following hunt http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=238580

Last edited:
Man! I must say one again, those are Beautiful pictures you take Ronin!

Plus the BOH album intro of your post, first released on Oct 21 1977...one of the greatest albums of all time... Big Fan of your work here 18!
Mud

I would love to see you dress up some old WWII finds with your skills in photography...if you ever come across any?

strick

Finding big rocks you knew where there but had never seen is the stuff dream hunts are made of... Better luck next round!

:dingding: Now that hunt doesn't match your standards but you still eked out a little yellow!

Man you find some cool stuff!

That red stuff looks alive! I know, it really is in a way.

Thanks GS, yeah it never sleeps :lol: just wish that rust would work harder :lol:

Man! I must say one again, those are Beautiful pictures you take Ronin!

Plus the BOH album intro of your post, first released on Oct 21 1977...one of the greatest albums of all time... Big Fan of your work here 18!
Mud

Much appreciated Mud, having good subjects for the pics helps :yes:
Ahhh the good old days when we were bullet prof and thought we would be young forever :lol: BOH was a big part of my misspent youth ;)

Amazing finds as always! :yes:

Thanks Charlie :yes:

You are human after all G :lol: Still a decent hunt :)

What me? never been human Craig :laughing: says right here on my ID "Alien" :laughing:
Not a ring I can add to my ring count but still gives me 10 hunts scoring the good stuff in a row :D

I would love to see you dress up some old WWII finds with your skills in photography...if you ever come across any?

strick

Thanks Strick, get the odd WWII stuff mostly bullets and what I think is scrapnel from time to time. Could be from practice or the real thing not sure. Do get some good stuff from the days of the Samurai every now and then. Really like finding the old brass pipes they used to use back then.
Might do a relic post one of these days :yes:

Really cool finds :D

Thanks JTW :yes:

Finding big rocks you knew where there but had never seen is the stuff dream hunts are made of... Better luck next round!

Thanks Zee, yeah you're onto it. Can't wait to hit and move those big boys. Could be some real heavy stuff down there :yes:

:dingding: Now that hunt doesn't match your standards but you still eked out a little yellow!

Thanks Felix, will try harder brother I promise :laughing: ;)

Back
Top Bottom