After Work - Back to the Scene of the Gold…AND Score Another One!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I took off yesterday after work intending to go back to that lovely channel that was cut out by the king tides that I posted on Sunday. With king tides continuing, I was expecting the channel to still be there, and even maybe new channels created. I took the Sand Shark as I wanted a little more depth and was intent on digging every peep. I had loaded my equipment before going to work early in the morning so that I could head straight for the beach. When I arrive just after 3pm, and get to the area of last Sunday’s gold and silver rings the channel was gone! :( I looked down and saw that the tracks of the bulldozers had gotten there before me. :( Oh well, I’m there to detect so I start working where the channel was and the wash out area which I had not done on Sunday. After 45 minutes of playing around with lots bottle caps, pull tabs, and very little clad, I decide that it was time to change plans and go in the water. The winds were still breezy and the surf was not too good but I figured I could work up to my waist. So I headed out into the water. After 5 minutes and 30-40 yards north east of the washout area from the Sunday's cut channel, in just under waist deep water, I hear my 1st water target - a loud “bottle cap”. I look in the scoop and BOOM! The clank of a hefty ring. :cool12: I take it in my hand and immediately knew it was good – another white gold ring with the rhodium worn off and the yellow showing through. :dingding: I tried to see writing on the inside but couldn’t discern any. I continue my hunt in the water and end the last 30 minutes of my short 3-hour hunt working some low lying wet sand area in front of a lifeguard station that had lots of targets but no cigar. This was my 20th gold which was my goal for the year so I was happy to cut my hunt short and go home.

When I get home I acid test the ring and it holds beautifully at 14K. The diamonds all test positive so that was another plus. :thumbsup: I then put on my jeweler’s glasses and am able to discern a large, but faint 14K that seems to be maybe laser etched? There was also another jeweler’s mark done with the same faint etching - a big "C" in a circle. I went on Sunday intending to work the water and ended up working the wet sand and today I planned on working the wet sand and moved my operation to the water. A pirate has to be flexible with whatever the conditions are. :yes: I would like to note that my hunting conditions were further exacerbated by a group of 5 very beautiful, and varied looking sorority girls that were taking all sorts of sensually posed pictures for over an hour in very skimpy 1-piece bathing suits. A pirate’s life can very difficult down here ladies & gentlemen, very difficult indeed when one is focusing on finding the yellow. :roll: (Apologies Earl for not having my phone available for some pictures of this very trying situation).

Attachments

• 10-18-16.jpg
    10-18-16.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 511
  • 10-18-16 Ring.jpg
    10-18-16 Ring.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 510
  • 10-18-16 Fits.jpg
    10-18-16 Fits.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 511
  • 10-18-16 Junk.jpg
    10-18-16 Junk.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Since I don't want you tooting your own horn, I'll give you one of your patented :dingding: ...... ;)

Awesome ring! Big congrats!!!

Nice

Congrads, nice hunt, your penny count's going down , and your gold count is going up, on your way to semi pro status, i will have to catch up to you next year , than i will be a permanent beach bum, :lol:, happy hunting, Earl

Back
Top Bottom