WW II Dog Tags

Kapi

Forum Supporter
On one of my hunts after Hurricane Matthew passed by I found a set of WW II dog tags that are in pretty good shape. With a little research I was able to find information on the owner, who has passed away, and his son who is living in South Carolina. Yesterday I was able to speak with the son who was beyond happy to hear about the find. Tomorrow the tags will go into the mail to the son. The news in his town wants to do a story about the find. I think this is one of my cooler finds.

If you'd like to read about Frank P Mandeville Rodgers you can do so here.

http://www.scnow.com/opinion/article_3ab8937e-c790-5fe7-9851-0b9e3da0a18a.html

Attachments

• October 14 16.jpg
    October 14 16.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 355
WTG Kapidr. Great find with a interesting story.

I was hunting with Cupajo a few years ago when he found some dog tags. I also did some research and located the person.

When I called, the wife answered and I told her who I was and asked to speak with him. She told me he was unable to come to the phone and wanted to know what I was calling about.

I told her about the dog tags, she was confused and thought I was shaking her down and put her Son on the phone. I explained the same to him and told him we weren't looking for anything other than the enjoyment of returning what we THOUGHT would be appreciated.

He told me he wasn't interested and hung up the phone. I guess different people put different values on things from the past.

Love this! Forwarding the link to a bunch of people!!

WTG Kapidr. Great find with a interesting story.

I was hunting with Cupajo a few years ago when he found some dog tags. I also did some research and located the person.

When I called, the wife answered and I told her who I was and asked to speak with him. She told me he was unable to come to the phone and wanted to know what I was calling about.

I told her about the dog tags, she was confused and thought I was shaking her down and put her Son on the phone. I explained the same to him and told him we weren't looking for anything other than the enjoyment of returning what we THOUGHT would be appreciated.

He told me he wasn't interested and hung up the phone. I guess different people put different values on things from the past.

I located a woman in a nearby state to return her fathers dog tag

She told me, yes she definitely wanted the tag

I returned the dog tag, and wouldn't you know it, she didn't even say Thank You!!!

It's returns like that, that make a guy not even want to bother!

Congrats on your return, very cool

Very nice find! Those are in amazing shape! Congrats on the return too, I'm sure his family will be very happy to receive them!

kAP

Let them do a story, make sure they include , how us detectorist help clean up our beaches from hazards , can slaw, nail's , fence wire, flares ect., nice story, great job, Earl

Back
Top Bottom