Hurricane treasure ... rings jumping in my scoop!

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
RINGS JUMPING IN MY SCOOP is what I expected after reading all the posts about hurricane treasure. However, I quickly learned that reading a beach that was hit by a hurricane is much different than normal beach conditions.

I spent the first 90 mins digging nails, screws and street signs. Then I moved to a different location and found what is shown in the pics below. The interesting thing is some areas are heavily laden with trash, while others have coins sitting on top of the sand.

The mystery piece is dainty but hefty. It is also stamped "08". Any ideas what that means? :?:

FWIW, I see beach cams and social media posts of the popular beaches being hit around the clock by detectorists. The night I found these targets I was next to a guy with a CTX and two others with PI's. No doubt there are some good targets being found. But, if you are sitting behind a computer, frustrated that you can't hunt the Florida coast right now....don't be. It is still a lot of work, perhaps more so with all the competition.

H/H -David

Attachments

• Hurricane Loot.jpg
    Hurricane Loot.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,101
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,013
Glad to see you made it back OK, neat finds. If you rotate that mystery piece 90* CCW it sorta looks like Homer Simpson... :laughing:

Tht's the thing with big storms, it can either strip or load up the sand. Looks like you did find some stuff though so it wasn't all bad!

Nice finds, none the less. The mystery piece looks like the male end of a bracelet clasp, with one link of the bracelet still attached. 08 might be 800 silver, in other words 80% silver. Or a makers mark.

I hit a lot of beaches. I can say this is my worst hunting since I started detecting. I may start park hunting again for the next several years? Appears the replenish project at the beach makes matters worse after a hurricane. Jax beach said they don't care, we need the tourist dollars and tourists love wide sandy beaches so they don't get tired walking up a slope:shock::mad:

Back
Top Bottom