longboat key florida

schmitzplumbing

Forum Supporter
i will be there next week. is anyone gonna hunt there. i need my fix and the wife wont let me bring a detector. i just wanna hang out and shoot the breeze. i will bring the drinks and carry your trash.:grin:

Ya , heard all kind of old silver and gold is just washing up on the beaches ! Coins from the old sailing ships . Don't even need a detector it's so good ,, nothin like a hurricane the week before you get there .

i will be there next week. is anyone gonna hunt there. i need my fix and the wife wont let me bring a detector. i just wanna hang out and shoot the breeze. i will bring the drinks and carry your trash.:grin:
No detector in Florida. You must find a happy medium. Especially after the weather they just had. My bride told me that I couldn't take mine to Italy. I told her I would not detect every day. Guess what I did and she was glad I did. I hope she reconsiders.

my parents and my kids will be along. 1st trip in 22 years for me and my parents together. 1st trip for my wife with them. my dad hates the water and his only hobby is lawn equipment and work trucks to pull the equipment. drinking before supper is frowned upon with him. i will be drinking at breakfast to deal with it.:laughing:

my parents and my kids will be along. 1st trip in 22 years for me and my parents together. 1st trip for my wife with them. my dad hates the water and his only hobby is lawn equipment and work trucks to pull the equipment. drinking before supper is frowned upon with him. i will be drinking at breakfast to deal with it.:laughing:

Bring it and hunt night time when they go to bed! Make it work!

Easy for me to say... have a great trip!

Oh and it's beer o'clock somewhere right :lol:

Good thing your family doesn't like the water and you aren't bringing a detector,,,,,,right now we have RT and instead of shooting the breeze,, you will be smelling the breeze,,,,,,:laughing:,,,its been clearing but it still is a problem,,,,,as far as a "hurricane",,,,nadda,,,,,we get stronger wind than Mathew in the normal winter than what it did,,,,,,enjoy your visit with your parents,,,,,THAT will be the important thing,,,,,GL HH

Silver..... gold on the beach to pick up? That must have been a great dream..... even if it was true, hes on the Gulf side. Hard to sneak out for a hunt and drive 6 hours. Man .... dad really does need a beer or two to lighten up a bit and see life differently. Maybe this vacation will kick start him. I hit Lido and caspersen some times, but rarely Long boat its self since there are only a few public parking places....its most gated. Take um to Siesta.... better beach.... more people and hunters.

Dew

Hello my brother. We have a lot in common....We're both plumbers, we both have a wife, we both metal detect....I guess that's where the similarities end....;) My first vacation to Florida many years ago, I didn't bring my detector. It's very difficult to sit on the beach, and watch others detect. I have spent much of the last 3 winters in Florida, and have had some of the best times of my life meeting and hunting with new people. Usually hunt the early morning before beachgoers arrive. Then have the rest of the day to enjoy....:yes: Hope you can find a way to bring a detector. Either way, have a blast, and enjoy your time there......(Like Dewcon said, visit Siesta Key beach. One of the most beautiful beaches on the planet)

Yeah.....theres gotta be a work around here....perhaps rent one from a buddy and leave it behind the desk at the resort? Then you can sneak away early and work the towel line and return the gear to behind the desk everyday without none being the wiser? Better idea would be to leave it behind the bar! Then, it would not be so suspicious!

Better idea even would be to leave your Wife at home in Wisconsin and tell Her to get busy raking the leaves!:laughing: Hell, from the sounds of it, leave the whole family there! I bet your old man would enjoy riding around on a lawnmower with a leaf vac attached instead of sitting around in Florida wasting time and money! :laughing:
Mud

Here's my answer!

Attachments

• silhouette-metal-detecting-2.jpg
    silhouette-metal-detecting-2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 557
take the detector

Break the detector down and bring it anywhay just in case the opertunity presents it self. Better to have it with you and not use it,than not to have it with you and a opertunity comes up.:laughing:

Can't imagine going to flordia right now with out a detector. I think you should say no detecting -no shopping.:laughing:
i will fish instead. my wife doesnt care about what i do its just me detecting while she has to hang out with my parents.
Ya , heard all kind of old silver and gold is just washing up on the beaches ! Coins from the old sailing ships . Don't even need a detector it's so good ,, nothin like a hurricane the week before you get there .
dew, you wanna cram into my carry on bag? it will be fun.
No detector in Florida. You must find a happy medium. Especially after the weather they just had. My bride told me that I couldn't take mine to Italy. I told her I would not detect every day. Guess what I did and she was glad I did. I hope she reconsiders.

my wife sits on the beach at home watching me detect. its all good until her phone battery goes dead.
Bring it and hunt night time when they go to bed! Make it work!

Easy for me to say... have a great trip!

Oh and it's beer o'clock somewhere right :lol:
i sleep when its dark. a lot of alcohol induced self medicating.
Good thing your family doesn't like the water and you aren't bringing a detector,,,,,,right now we have RT and instead of shooting the breeze,, you will be smelling the breeze,,,,,,:laughing:,,,its been clearing but it still is a problem,,,,,as far as a "hurricane",,,,nadda,,,,,we get stronger wind than Mathew in the normal winter than what it did,,,,,,enjoy your visit with your parents,,,,,THAT will be the important thing,,,,,GL HH
it will be fun. we are going to busch gardens. havent been there for 22 years. flashback of last family vacation.
Silver..... gold on the beach to pick up? That must have been a great dream..... even if it was true, hes on the Gulf side. Hard to sneak out for a hunt and drive 6 hours. Man .... dad really does need a beer or two to lighten up a bit and see life differently. Maybe this vacation will kick start him. I hit Lido and caspersen some times, but rarely Long boat its self since there are only a few public parking places....its most gated. Take um to Siesta.... better beach.... more people and hunters.

we are on the water. there will maybe be 50 people a day in sight. probably not many targets to fing. (thats what i am telling myself

Hello my brother. We have a lot in common....We're both plumbers, we both have a wife, we both metal detect....I guess that's where the similarities end....;) My first vacation to Florida many years ago, I didn't bring my detector. It's very difficult to sit on the beach, and watch others detect. I have spent much of the last 3 winters in Florida, and have had some of the best times of my life meeting and hunting with new people. Usually hunt the early morning before beachgoers arrive. Then have the rest of the day to enjoy....:yes: Hope you can find a way to bring a detector. Either way, have a blast, and enjoy your time there......(Like Dewcon said, visit Siesta Key beach. One of the most beautiful beaches on the planet)
thanks fellow plumber. any vacation is a good vacation. it will be hard to answer the phone and say sorry, the shops closed this week. the lap top will be by my computer guy for the week getting cleaned up. just trying to tie up loose ends and get the billing done for my relaxing week. maybe the detector isnt needed after all.
Yeah.....theres gotta be a work around here....perhaps rent one from a buddy and leave it behind the desk at the resort? Then you can sneak away early and work the towel line and return the gear to behind the desk everyday without none being the wiser? Better idea would be to leave it behind the bar! Then, it would not be so suspicious!
i like the bar. we have to watch 2 packer games at the bar next week while we are down there. the best florida packer bar is close to our place.
Better idea even would be to leave your Wife at home in Wisconsin and tell Her to get busy raking the leaves!:laughing: Hell, from the sounds of it, leave the whole family there! I bet your old man would enjoy riding around on a lawnmower with a leaf vac attached instead of sitting around in Florida wasting time and money! :laughing:
Mud
i just talked to dad. he is lining up work for when he finally gets home. :lol:
at his age, 62, i could care less about work. mom will be down there for 2 weeks. he is flying home with us after the first week.
Here's my answer!

What about just bringing the pinpointer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzQ_KYmLPmY
i could bring all 4. it would keep me and the kids going.
Break the detector down and bring it anywhay just in case the opertunity presents it self. Better to have it with and not use it,than not to have it with you and a opertunity comes up.:laughing:

i might not see my wifes ........ for some time if i do. (insert whatever body parts that you please)

Dang, I'll loan you my MD Flip Flops, and you can take her on long walks on the beach! One way to spend quality time with her and detect, you could even let her run the scoop! :lol:

Its all good till the battery on her phone dies. Solution..... by a portable battery pack to extend the time .

Not many people on the beaches or in the water right now here with the red tide. You won't be missing much! I'll be out a bit so if you see a blonde with an excal it is me!!

I'm sorry, but Damn, grow a pair.

Certainly don't spend every waking minute detecting, but a vacation should be as fun as possible for everyone. EVERYONE needs to give and take here.

Did you say Longboat Key?

I was there today with Wichita Mike. The water was beautiful, not many people. We went in at the bird sanctuary park. The wind all week has been coming in from the east, so not to rough.

Finds have been meager, with a combined total of 7 rings and one watch over 3 days. two tungston, one Ti. one gold 14, one gold wash cheapy, and two silver.

My wife latched onto the watch. Lots of pennies, a couple odds and ends Most of the best things came from Holmes beach where we are staying. The red tide is gone from this area hopefully for good.

Back
Top Bottom