longboat key florida

I guess you guys are the reason there was NOTHING at Holmes beach! lol I haven't been there in 2 weeks and boy had it sanded in. I got 4 targets; 2 trash, 1 junk earring and one silver ring. not one coin!

I guess you guys are the reason there was NOTHING at Holmes beach! lol I haven't been there in 2 weeks and boy had it sanded in. I got 4 targets; 2 trash, 1 junk earring and one silver ring. not one coin!

Deb, Dew and I have hunted that beach a good amount of times and get nothing,,,,I mean nothing,,,,,I did get one gold this year there and it was a total fluke,,,,I had turned the machine on and decided to hit the wet sand walking and immediately got a womens ring with stones,,,,,the rest of the hunt,,,,,,, NOTHING,,,:laughing:GL HH

That Debs been sucking up the finds this year ...... shes who we all need to be following around.:lol:

Dew

The weather is great down here. I maybe saw 15 people total on the beach in a 2 mile stretch. No one detecting.

Weather is gorgeous,,,,,,RT has moved away,,,,,,,the problem is seeing "15 people", on a two mile stretch,,,,,,,:laughing:Dew and I hunted that way today no gold came home with us,,,,,,:no:if you brought a machine, give it a go,,,,,,you never know when one will pop out,,,,GL HH

Weather is gorgeous,,,,,,RT has moved away,,,,,,,the problem is seeing "15 people", on a two mile stretch,,,,,,,:laughing:Dew and I hunted that way today no gold came home with us,,,,,,:no:if you brought a machine, give it a go,,,,,,you never know when one will pop out,,,,GL HH
No machine. Maybe the local pawn shop will have one. This area is weird. They don't sell beer by the thirty pack.:laughing: now I have to buy 2 18 packs at a time. An 18 pack here is $4 cheaper than what a 30 costs me at home. I need a detector to supliment my income just for beer money.

An intervention is what you need........:laughing: I dont drink 30 beers in a year.....and its always hot down here.:lol: We never got the gold, but we left thinking we missed it. Conditions are changing......

Dew

I can tell you

A total of 10 rings (only one gold) were harvested at Holmes Beach last week by Wichita Mike and myself. ("Mike finding the "Lions share" as usual)
Not to mention at least a dozen other "keeper" items. The wet sand to the shell line produced next to nothing save an ankle chain. The sand is piled high.
If you hit the water, find areas that have a rough bottom. Shells pebbles etc. are indicative of soft sand being taken away. The rippled sandy bottom will have fresh drops. My last day ring was a silver spoon ring I dug in that pebble bottom area and it was easily 10 inches down. The soft whisper targets need to be excavated.

10 miles south to Longboat should produce in the same way as Holmes. Same conditions. Bayside beaches were too rough to hunt this year due to the east wind blowing all week.

We were filmed this morning fishing by Sarasota news channel 7. It was on Facebook today and we should be on tomorrow night at 5:45. They show my mom talking about hennings cheese and show us catching fish. 1 more day of paradise.

Back
Top Bottom