Nice relic day

StratTone

Elite Member
It wasn't in the cards for me to find old coins today but I did manage one wheat. I honestly found a good amount of stuff I'm not sure about. I do know I found an m.c. Lille Georgia state milita button. I see they are from 1870 through WWII. Anybody know how to tell the age?

I also have this badge/medal/pin that says grand commander of Georgia Athens 1911. Best I can find is that it isn't an order of the knights or Freemason type thing. I'm having trouble figuring out what that position entails or what this might be from.

The mom badge to me looks like a motorcycle head badge but I wasn't able to find any like it to confirm.

The brass comb thing? No idea. Lol

V1zP6Ph.jpg

Red7f3t.jpg

163MMBB.jpg

HXNdmPp.jpg

Great finds - the badge also has the motto "in hoc signo vinces" on the banner beneath the center Maltese cross, which is used by the Knights Templar, and numerous other Christian-based organizations.

Woodmen of the World is an insurance company. A century or more ago, the tombstones were shaped like a tree trunk. You could walk by it in the woods and not even notice it. The tree trunks got too expensive to make , so they switched to a small tree branch. There are 3 tree trunks in the county I live in, plus a couple branches. Too many people add an "s" after wood, which is not correct.

Great finds - the badge also has the motto "in hoc signo vinces" on the banner beneath the center Maltese cross, which is used by the Knights Templar, and numerous other Christian-based organizations.

Nice! I was having a hard time making that out. From what I "think" I understand the person who had this was a part of the commandery and was awarded this from the commander?

Back
Top Bottom