flash of gold in the hole, NOT

Bounder

I managed to make it out today and had a good hunt (for me). I got among other things, 7 quarters and 9 dimes. I was digging a target and saw a flash of what looked like gold. It turned out to be a boy scout neckerchief slide, I think. I also found a key but still no box of gold coins it opens. I also found a copper nut and half of a burndy connector. The small aluminum piece is solid and I guess it is a peg for a shelf to adjust the height of the shelves. Either that or it could be an alien implant.That makes for a better story.

Attachments

• 0926190822.jpg
    0926190822.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 521
  • 0926190825.jpg
    0926190825.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 0926190825a.jpg
    0926190825a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 453
That’s not just Boy Scouts or cub scouts, it’s a webelos slide... it’s when a Cub Scout has gotten all their badges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to make it out today and had a good hunt (for me). I got among other things, 7 quarters and 9 dimes. I was digging a target and saw a flash of what looked like gold. It turned out to be a boy scout neckerchief slide, I think. I also found a key but still no box of gold coins it opens. I also found a copper nut and half of a burndy connector. The small aluminum piece is solid and I guess it is a peg for a shelf to adjust the height of the shelves. Either that or it could be an alien implant.That makes for a better story.

Gets your heart beating a bit, though, doesn't it?

LOL

not a bad, hunt, though!

Oh it did. I have never dug up any gold but have been excited several times but always a false alarm. I didn't know about the webelos factoid. I still have yet to find a silver coin but it is fun looking. Happy hunting everyone.

Nice job getting out there and putting in the work. I think the aluminum thing is either from a fishing pole or a tent, seen it before but can't place it.

Back
Top Bottom