Video of a guy finding a cache

Mr. Digger

Elite Member
For those who like to watch this kind of stuff, this a relatively recent post on You Tube that I came across showing a guy finding a cache in a small glass pitcher at a cellar hole. The cache is from the early 1900's and contained about 30 or so coins including Shield and V nickles, 2 cent pieces, IH's, Barber dimes, etc. I don't think this was posted before but if it was sorry for the duplication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fchbUwiBrZE&list=UUv4vuwOvOoYoNQNp_hnFsVQ

I definitely wouldn't care much for anyone but me going through the fresh out of the ground coins & especially rubbing on them like that..

Sorry but anyone else calling BS on this????? 100 year old nickels in mud and dirt still silver colored, 2 center still copper color??????? And to top it off the jar is full of black dirt and the ground it came out of is more brown? Not trying to be a Debbie downer and I know this does happen to people but just to unrealistic for me.

Last edited:
Sorry but anyone one else calling BS on this????? 100 year old nickels in mud and dirt still silver colored, 2 center still copper color??????? And to top it off the jar is full of black dirt and the ground it came out of is more brown? Not trying to be a Debbie downer and I know this does happen to people but just to unrealistic for me.

Interesting now that you mentioned it. At 5:07 in the video you will see what looks like a perfectly clean coin or stainless steel piece in the upper right corner.:?:

Interesting now that you mentioned it. At 5:07 in the video you will see what looks like a perfectly clean coin or stainless steel piece in the upper right corner.:?:

Look at the "v" that he wiped off at 3:50.........
Here's my v's and a buffalo that where dug in the last couple weeks........
Sure wish mine were silver after being wiped off. And coppers with no corrosion on them or green patina after being wiped off?......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 748
Sure wish mine were silver after being wiped off. And coppers with no corrosion on them or green patina after being wiped off?......

Yeah I commented on the video early on and didn't notice anything till you mentioned it. I'm curious now.

Look at the "v" that he wiped off at 3:50.........

The glass pitcher looks perfectly clean on the outside too.:?:

Back
Top Bottom